Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

switching from AT Pro to Minelab Equinox 800

maxxkatt

I was wondering how many Garrett users are switching to the Minelab Equinox 600 or 800?

I made the switch last week with my new Equinox 800 arriving.

-- moved topic --

A guy in our detecting club just got his 800 a bit over a week ago. He was a died in the wool AT PRO user and has been shocked at the difference in depth that he is getting at salt water beaches. He loves the 800.

Not a total switch, each detector has their niche. My ATPro has the 17" Big Nel and the 4.5" sniper, so far the only Equinox coil is the 11" coil. But I have to agree the Equinox 800 is way better than the ATPro or ATMax in the salt water, but it can not touch the ATX for salt water performance. Size and weight are other pluses for the Equinox. I am thinking it is time to weed out some of my 13 detectors, heck I have not found a way to use more than one at a time.

No VLF on the planet can equal a pulse induction on the wet sand for depth and that's a fact..... I would love a pulse induction machine with an analogue meter that swings left for most ferrous trash.
Now that would be a dream.....

Sweeping-4-junk said:
No VLF on the planet can equal a pulse induction on the wet sand for depth and that's a fact..... I would love a pulse induction machine with an analogue meter that swings left for most ferrous trash.
Now that would be a dream.....

I really like using the Garrett Infinium (when I actually use it) The dual tone helps distinguish coins from other stuff. The "iron check" helps tremendously, but it's not fool proof. I use the Nox 600 and the At Pro. Really can't see getting rid of either.

I just bought a AT Pro to replace my Equinox for coin hunting here in Canada. The Nox is terrible with our steel coins but great finding silver. Now when I beach hunt in the USA the Nox is all I would think of using. it's fast, deep and ids coins and targets amazingly. I cant wait to get back to Virginia Beach and Panama City Beach.

I have the At Max and a Nautilus. No plans on giving those up though. I enjoy trying and learning other detectors.

I cut my teeth relic hunting on the AT PRO. Then went to the Deus.... I bought a 800 out of the first batch and got ive close to 150 hours on it. The Equinox is way above the AT PRO in all aspects. Its deeper, faster and the tones are way better. It unmask better with the 11 inch coil than the AT PRO does with a 5 x8 .

I've heard a few reports of guys not happy with the 800 on our Canadian coins. I know of two guys in my city that bought an Equinox and were not happy with it. One of those guys bought my ATPro and the other bought my ATMax,

Location is everything.