Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

switching from other detectors to the Equinox 600 or 800

maxxkatt

what was your go to detector that you had before you ordered your Equinox 600 or 800?

and why did you buy the Equinox?

My primary detectors were the the F19 and AT Max. Truthfully, from day one I didn't "love" the ATMax. Its sooo chatty, but if you exercise patience, you can find some stuff with it and it was my only detector with wireless headphones, which I really prefer. I mostly do coin shooting and still wanted something that was "faster and quieter," water proof, and still had wirelss headphones. I pre-ordered the the Makro MultiKruzer and the EQ800. After getting my MultiKruzer in February and April rolled around and I still didn't get my EQ800, I decided to cancel the EQ800 order. I sold my ATMAX, because I think the MultiKruzer is far superior for coin hunting and decided to get an EQ600 since those are becoming more "available."

I have only been out in my back yard with the EQ600 once, but something tells me after a few more outings, the F19 will be most likely be on the market soon. I don't plan on having less than two detectors will also probably keep my Fisher F44 around for "guests" since it is super easy to use and can deal with exposure to rain.

CS

-- moved topic --

I had a Classic ID SL, then a DFX, and then traded it after several years for a Shadow X5. I really like the X5 but hunt parks close by and need a meter and some more depth. I may trade the Shadow x5 for an F75 or keep it as my magic button finder. I also chose the Equinox 600 because it is the same costas an F75 when military discount is applied to the Minelab.

I have an F22 to use and love it.

Besides my Nox 600, I have a never-used Treasure Baron Goldquest which I will never dump, a CZ6 which is a pretty good competitor to the Nox, and a T2+ which also gives it a run for its money inland and is way more comfortable to use - the Nox is an ergonomic mess.

If any of these go, it will be the Nox - too early to tell.

Thanks Rick!

I do like the Nox, but so far I haven’t put it to a site which would prove it to me. I also have a Deep Tech Vista Gold Gain ( urse you Keith Southern), but it’s not on the “land tour” with us.

And that guy knows detectors.
http://i41.tinypic.com/2dgoob6.jpg
But changing out the modules with the long ribbon cable is a real "hillary."
( I believe the Gold Quest is a PI made for beach hunting by Eric Foster.)

Thanks Vlad - you’re right - Gold Trax. In fact I have two of the darn things – the well-used one I shipped off to Carl Moreland at first Texas – he collects strange detectors told her to keep it until their new PI detector comes out then maybe we could do a trade! LOL.

Gold hunters are raving about the 800. I know no one who has the 600 though so can't compare. That unit finds gold as small as my GB2 in hotter ground I can't run so 1 heck of a machine. Durability ???? too new to know-John