Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sword Plate

WOW we WOW WOW:clapping: That is SWEEEET! Awsome find, congrats.:please:

That is a very nice piece! Yes, a backstory is really needed to put some meat on the bone!

I'll do my best. This sword plate came out of a old house site a couple hundred yards away from a confederate camp. The old house burned so the place is hard to hunt with all the old nails and iron. Needless to say," I was excited to have the honor of recovering this plate."

Grizzlymint,
Just as a suggestion, you might want to post it on Findsmall's Civil War Forum. Someone there might be able to give you some ideas about it.
Best of Luck
Chuck

So, it's pre Civil War. Amazing. Probably from Mexican War. Not sure what detector you are using but, Minelab, for example, publishes photos and stories about spectacular finds and in my opinion, yours is truly spectacular!
Congrats again for an amazing find!
Regards
Chuck

From all the research that I've done. This particular buckle was used during the civil war. Only if this plate could tell it"s story. I found this plate with a White's 6000 pro xl. Today I took my kids Teknetics Eurotek Pro with a N.E.L sharpshooter coil. Found a few things. Nothing really interesting. Whenever the weather cooperates I'm going to use a Fisher f-75 dst with the 5" coil on the site.