Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Syrian Nationalist Versus Rebel...and Gold in The Plug...Gold In The Plug!

ajaj

Ok, not the most PC of post titles, but that's me.

It has been a while since I've posted, but, between returning the AT Pro and waiting for its return, getting used to the Excalibur, and travel, travel, travel to relatives who seem to be off the grid, it's been a busy end of summer. Went to Newport, RI and hunted the sanded-in beaches. When I say "sanded-in", I am not kidding. When one digs a pull-tab at 13", we are are sanded-in. On the last hour of the last day (of course), I took the AT Pro on the dry sand and pulled the .925 earring and horribly tarnished SLQ. An SLQ in the dryest of sand? Crap, that thing has been tossed about and abused for years. No date, but it's silver. Went to a park and pulled the two "lead men"...kind of sinister looking.

Got home and hit the baseball field field behind an old church. Gold! It's a 1958 class ring with no owner's marks...and 2 miles from my house. Forget the beach; there's gold here. Also pulled a beautiful copper Catholic medallion. My AT Pro seems to sniff out the Catholic drops a lot. Also pulled a "United Traction Company Systems - Good For One Fare" token. They went out-of business in 1940, so I won't be using this to travel anytime soon.

aj

Hey good to see you again ajaj, and great finds there!:clapping: Especially a dirt ring, much harder to find than a sand ring...:please:
Mud

Agreed about dirt rings versus beach. This one had iffy signals between 51 and 53 with the occasional 68 to 72 whisper. I said to myself that this was a pull tab; the old style coat-tails one. Something made me dig; probably the "feel" one develops over time. It was at the base of the 7" plug. At first I thought it was a piece of copper scrap, but the tell tale gold color soon shone through. A nice warm fuzzy feeling accompanied me for the rest of the short hunt!

aj

Cool finds, aj! Something for everyone!