Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T-2 and Wet sand Beach Hunting

Can anyone who has done some wet sand beach hunting with the T-2, please post some comments on how the T-2 handles the wet sand. I don't see hardly anything being posted. I appreciate it.

Based on what I've read concerning the problems with the coils leaking and such I wouldn't even think about getting it wet. However, if you wanted to cover the entire coil with epoxy like some of the surf pirates do then you would almost be guaranteed not to have a moister problem. Otherwise, the T2 and the beach just don't mix. Just one hunter's opinion.

T2 for the [size=large]wet sand[/size]?

It isn't meant for serious wet sand usage.
That said, you can reduce the sens., and manually GB to whatever the 'fast grab reads (It won't automatically balance...usually between 3 and 30)
then search with your discrim. set for MINIMUM noise(try 20), and below gold rings..........

It's fine in dry sand...................MattR.UK

I took my T2 to a beach in Jacksonville, Fla, about 3 months ago. It was my first time trying the T2 out at a beach site. I discovered it worked great on the dry sand, but the moment I got it near the wet sand I got nothing but noise. Even lowering the discrimination did not help much. I tried all kinds of settings and in the end it was just not worth it. Fortunately the T2 afforded super depth in the dry sand and I had a great outing. Wet sand is not a T2 friend.

Hope this helps.