Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T-2 Depth

Mr.Bill

After reading a few post about Air Testing the T-2, and the results I was reading, things just didn

n/t

THANKS FOR SHARING THE INFO. ON THE T2---I GET THE SAME RESULTS WITH MY T2 IN AN AIR TEST BUT I HAVEN'T DUG A COIN OVER 6" YET WITH THE T2-AFTER USING IT YESTERDAY I THINK THAT THE DET. IS CAPABLE OF DEEPER DEPTH BUT FOUND THAT ELECTICAL INTERFERENCE IS KEEPING ME FROM GETTING DEEPER---I WENT DOWNTOWN JUST TO HUNT CLADS AND GET THE FEEL OF THE DETECTOR--WASN'T ABLE TO HUNT MOST PLACES BECAUSE OF THE INTERFERENCE BUT ONCE I FOUND A BETTER PLACE, THAT MADE ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD---THE T2 WAS SMOOTH AS GLASS---I ALSO NOTICE THAT THE PERFORMANCE WAS LESS NEAR OTHER DETECTORS--THERE WAS 2 FRIENDS WITH ME AND WE HAD TO STAY ABOUT 6 OR 8 FEET APART---THIS TELLS ME THAT THE T2 IS VERY SENSITIVE!!!

Clark, you have me wondering about a few things. When you say that interference was keeping you from digging anything deeper than 6".... did you know for sure there was something deeper than 6" to be found? Did you have a different detector along with you and confirmed that it would hit the deeper target(s) while the T2 wouldn't? Not cuttin' on ya.. just trying to figure what's up.

NO I DON'T KNOW FOR CERTAIN IF ANY COINS WERE ANY DEEPER THAN 6"---BUT I WAS DIGGING TRASH TARGETS TO ABOUT 10" OR 11"---BUT THEY WERE HALF DOLLAR AND LARGER IN SIZE---I REALLY BELIEVE AT THIS POINT THAT IT WAS THE INTERFERENCE THAT WAS THE PROBLEM--I'VE NEVER HAD A DET. THAT WAS SO SENSITIVE TO ELECTRICAL INTERFERENCE---REALLY BAD IN THE DOWNTOWN AREA--THE FUNNY PART WAS AT ONE SPOT I WAS DIRECTLY ACROSS TWO VERY LARGE RADIO TOWERS AND THEY DIDN'T BOTHER THE T2 AT ALL???--GO FIGURE??? --- I LIKING THE T2 MORE EVERYTIME THAT I USE IT!!!

Hi Clark,

Have you tried punching in a different frequency? Press and hold the mode switch, then flip the trigger one way to move up, the other way to move down. You have to let the display clear before triggering again. F4 is default, I found F2 or F3 to be much quieter.

All metal is generally just noisier. In disc, you can increase disc level to maybe 30 and also reduce sensitivity. As you cut sensitivity, you lose depth, so do that as a last resort.

Since I tried these tricks mine is behaving better, but it is still "high strung" in such places. More practice, then we'll see.

-Ed

Ed, What are the frequency ranges when moving between F2, F3, F4, etc.. As an example if the unit defaults in F4 I would think it is running at the 13Khz, if so then what would it be running in at the other frequencies? I don't believe I read about the changes in frequency in my manual. May have but just don't recall and am on the road right now so I haven't access to my manual to go back and take another look.

When your in the All Metal mode the unit functions as a 1 filter detector.

In the discriminate mode it is in a 2 filter mode.

I would think the discriminate mode would be the mode to run in with interference. I'm sure it's going to be a trail & error set up.

Mr. Bill

I know there are going to be a lot of variation due to type and amount of interference at any given location, but what I've been seeing is USUALLY two of the freq's are quiet, about three have various chatter/interference, and two just scream constantly. Is this similar to what others are seeing with their T2's?

HI Brad,

I been just indoors yet with mine, but I am seeing what you are when I go though the freq changes as 2 are quieter than the others and one or 2 of them it chatter bad. I think this is something we may have to check at every site to see we get in one of the quieter freq for the area. We may just see for our area that it will be the same freq for miles and then one day drive 200 miles and see it completely different.
For my indoor test in my bar with florescent light freq 3 and I believe it is 6 are the quietest.

it won't be long before you're back outside and a swingin'. The other thing I'm not sure of is if all the frequencies index and are the same on all of the T2's. Like on mine, I usually get two frequencies that are adjacent to each other that are the quietest. It's either 4 and 5 or 5 and 6. Oh well, I was just curious but now we're getting a break with the weather today so I'm going to dig some semi-frozen ground. :)

Hi Pineapple,

The frequency shift is undocumented, it's not in the current manual. I read about it here first. The manual is available online in pdf, the link's listed in one or more of the posts here.

I don't know the amounts of shift, but they're wide enough to make a difference in just one or two steps. I have some radio test gear I might be able to measure it, but compared to radio frequencies, 13khz is awfully low so it may be below the range I can check.

At F4 it will sit and cackle at me, when I go to F3 or F2 it is nearly silent, while F7 gets worse.

People are also using it to hunt closer to other detectors.

I think Scott and Mike have about the most experience with this control, maybe they'll jump in with their observations.

HH
-Ed

I probably didn't follow all of the above closely but to eliminate interference I did the following: Manual ground balance in all metal mode, then switch to discriminate mode and dial in 10 or more on the descrim. Mine quietened down considerably. I find the descrim depth adequate and the all metal depth extreme. The grab and go ground balance in my yard was 90 but the manual balance was 44. At 44 it becomes almost silent.

you said "The grab and go ground balance in my yard was 90 but the manual balance was 44". Are you saying that when you executed a grab and go GB it balanced at 90 or are you really saying when you grab and go it started at 90 but after a couple pumps of the coil wound up at 44? I suspect and hope you meant the latter because otherwise, you have a problem somewhere.

Ok thanks for the comeback, I'll wait and see if Mike or Scott will pipe in. I didn't give this particular area any attention and would like to dabble in it some. I really interested in finding what frequency would be best to set up in for both beach and gold detecting.

I was selecting the frequency based on least interference. In an area where that's not an issue, it may well play a minor role in detection of certain things. Or being able to hunt closer to other detectors. Probably not enough shift to really detect objects differently, but if you have a choice, why not choose the one best suited to the job?

hh
-Ed

The T2 wouldn't do the grab and go ground balance in my yard (would not GC). That leaves it set at 90 I believe. Anyway the manual ground balance is very quick and easy.

n/t