Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2+ and DST

kevinnc

My T2+ is running 9.1 and seems it can't be changed like on my F75LTD. The F75 is way more EMI resistant than the T2+ I have. I deal with it by changing frequencies and do fine. I am just curious to why it's 9.1 and they say the classic is running 9.0.

IT appears the T2 + & T2 Classic does not have DST.... Teknetics website & sales Bulletins states nothing about having DST. .....The T2 LTD has DST.

Keith Southern has a couple of good reports on the T2 +. One here on this forum going back to when the first came out and then on another forum last year. Track his T2 + reports down for some good info. HH jim tn

I didn't have one when you posted in late December, but I bought a new T[sup]2+[/sup] last month and have made a couple of calls for verification to FTP about a two detectors I own, so here are some answers regarding the T[sup]2+[/sup] and my personal experiences with T[sup]2[/sup]'s and F75's.

First, I started handling the T[sup]2[/sup] when it was introduced in 2006 and ended up using four of the original T[sup]2[/sup]'s between then and mid-2014. During that period I also had an F75 Ltd. Both could get a little noisy in bigger cities or other places where EMI sources are greater. In the field, meaning out-of-the-way places such as homesteads, pioneer and military encampments, old dance hall sites or report sites. both models were not a problem to operate and were not really bothered by EMI. By the way, I run ALL of my detectors at full Sensitivity at start-up then reduce it should I need to deal with EMI and instability.

Since mid-2014 I have also owned four T[sup]2[/sup] 'Classic' models, including two of them a year ago, and I had another F75 Ltd. a year ago, and in the past six months I also had an updated T[sup]2[/sup] SE Ltd. In my house, especially in my TV Room or in my Den, every detector suffers from EMI! But taken out hunting, in town but a bit distant from nearby power and interfering sources, they all behaved just about the same. Perhaps a slight edge in less EMI with the F75 Ltd. and updated T[sup]2[/sup] SE Ltd. but nothing immense.

Fast forward to the T[sup]2+[/sup] which I wanted for a few reasons. One, I happen to prefer the Green color instead of the basic Black color. Second, I wanted the 'bP' function that was missing on the original and the 'Classic' model. But I was also curious about the DST feature that is selectable on the new release F75+, so I called to get a direct answer. Yes, the T[sup]2+[/sup] has DST, but No, it is not with an On or Off selector. It is simply designed-in and is permanently On in the new T[sup]2+[/sup].

In my house the new model, like the older versions, the updated version and both the F75 and F75 Ltd., all show the same noisy behavior. But when I get the new T[sup]2+[/sup] out into some of the local urban locations where I have used the F85 and F75 Ltd. and the T[sup]2[/sup] Classic and updated SE Ltd., the new T[sup]2+[/sup], like the two DST features 'Ltd.' updated models I had, is a little smoother. Personally, I live with it because where I usually hunt and am well distanced from most EMI sources, or away from transformers and power lines in urban locations, I find the new model is working just fine.

Since late '71 I have never relied on owning only one detector, and I usually have a few detectors that can complement each other. Also, I seldom, and I mean very seldom, use a 'standard' size search coil. My T[sup]2+[/sup] keeps a 5" DD mounted full time, and that's how most of my other detectors are set up. With their smaller-size coils for the trashier places I hunt. I do make use of mid-sized coils on some models and will be ordering a 10" elliptical DD along with another T[sup]2+[/sup] to keep both coil sizes at-the-ready. I do that with my Nokta CoRe and Relic models and a Fisher F44 that sports a 7" Concentric and the other a 5" DD. If I am in a locations where one model I want to use is really bothered by EMI, I simply select on of the other models I have brought along that has the least amount of annoyance.

Now, it's a little past 7AM, it will be daylight soon, and should warm up to about 45° but me mostly cloudy but dry, so I have my T[sup]2+[/sup] at my side here in the den and we're about to head out and have fun. Best of success to you when you get out yourself.

Monte

Thanks Man. My T2+ is a little more sparky than my F75ltd. That's why I was wondering about DST. Never used one of the older T2s.

My dealer said the 2+ don't have DST. maybe somebody from FTP will chime in and get it straight?

You would think if the 2+ had DST they would put the DST label on the front box and in there sales brochure.

You are right. It's not listed on the box. My pinpointer runs to T2+ crazy unless I get it on the right frequency. It dosn't effect my F75ltd at all.