Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 and F75

wheath22

I have heard these two are basically the same machine, if not what is the differences?

T2 doesn't have back light or keep preset settings like the F75. Some claim the 75 is deeper. I tend to belive it myself. The ones with boost mode are very impressive. Feel free to call me if you have more ?'s. I'm a fisher and tek dealer.

Here is a good writeup:

I have been running various F-75 Proto's for several months now.... and I must say there is legitimate justification as to why I DID NOT report any initial findings with early generation Proto's.... as the final product differs dramatically from the original Proto, in respect to operating characteristics.

In a nut-shell:
* F-75 most closely resembles T-Square (T-2), but with much more power/Sens.
* F-75 is approx. 1.5" deeper on a U.S. dime vs. T-2.
* T-2 is High Resolution Iron Discrimination (Disc of: 00 - 40).
* F-75 is High Resolution Aluminum Discrimination (Iron Disc is 00 - 15).
* F-75 has up to 300% greater sensitivity to small gold (vs. T-2).
* F-75 has tremendous gain on small gold when Disc is reduced to '0'.
* F-75 incorporates CZ-3D "old coins" Specs, 4-Tone, VCO pinpoint, nickel hi-tone. ---Nickel window is slightly widened.... and 'old generation' coins audibly report as 3rd-highest tone in the 4-tone mode. (( Sounds similar to the "relic" tone on CZ-70 )). All 4 tones similar to CZ-70. (Comfort zone not infringed).
* F-75 & T-2 has microprocessor (identical - audible) extremely enhanced adjacent target separation characteristics..... as fast as...and possibly faster then human brain comprehension.
* F-75 & T-2 coil electromagnetic footprint is identical. ( Tightest DD footprint in the industry ).
* F-75 vs. T-2 (in 2, 3 & 4 tone modes) Identical target separation (in iron or alum trash).... except F-75 has more sensitivity,,,,giving better audible resolution on non-Fe targets (especially deeper targets).
* F-75 VDI on Cu dime = '72' and on Ag dime = '74'. (High Resolution Aluminum Discrimination can also be viewed upon as: High Resolution Coins Discrimination).
* F-75 is a noisy machine due to extreme levels of Sensitivity capabilities ....and,,,, to a beginner/newbie, it may be quite difficult to understand its language. T-2 users will have zero problems - seemless transition. Remember; In most cases the 'chatter' you hear with the T-2/F-75 (in actuality) is not 'chatter'.... rather, it is tiny (or deep) pieces of metal. And also remember (especially w/F-75) it allows the operator to "overdrive" the Sensitivity because there are some physical areas where this is do'able (and prefered).
* F-75 has slightly less electrical/electrostatic interference problems vs. T-2 & Coin$trike.
* T-2 turned out to be a very serious 'relic' hunter (not intensionally). F-75 was intended/targeted to be more of a 'coins' hunter; however, in reality, I have verified it is a 'coins' hunter (more so then T-2) and a premium 'relic' hunter.
* Be careful; 'masked and/or deep coins' will give low 'Confidence' LCD readings.
* Moderately Fe-masked targets are mostly undetectable to other detectors, whereas F-75 will report the non-ferrous target in co-locate with iron. In these cases, do not rely on VDI numbers.... as the F-75 will homogenate/mix...and usually "up-average" the VDI numeric reading. Most places hunted, masking is severe.
* F-75 has identical depth (with proper ID) capabilities to CZ (w/8" coil) in Florida inert soil.
* F-75 has nearly identical depth (with proper ID) capabilities to CZ in Georgia red laterite. (Some areas the Fe3O4 (magnetite) LCD bar-graph easily pegged w/T-2 & F-75).
* Of noteworthy interest; T-2 & F-75 are single Freq units.... and parallel the multi-freq CZ in the department of depth.
* F-75 not indended as a wet-salt beach unit; however, performance is okay.
* Dry sand performance is tremendous if config'd properly.
* CZ & F-75 on coin-sized targets (in most cases) have nearly identical depth capabilities and overall performance (in most parts of the country); HOWEVER, in medium-light, medium, medium-heavy & heavy trash areas the F-75 is far superior in adjacent target separation capabilities. Once again; "depth" vs. "EFFECTIVE depth" (See Fisher Intelligence - 6th edition for expanded explanation).
* In clear/trash-free fields in Georgia severe red lateritic dirt, Minelab Explorer is superior to F-75/CZ/T-2. In same dirt, ...in medium-low, medium, medium-high & high trash areas the F-75 (& T-2) are far superior to all others (including Minelab & CZ). Microprocessor of Minelab is unacceptably slow. Keep in mind; approx 80% of the areas we hunt are medium-low (and higher) trash areas. Where people cohabit the most..... is where most finds will be located.
* In a Fe trashy area, hunting behind a CZ/Explorer..... the F-75 will give appearance the area may have never been hunted.

On a personal note: Hunted an old home-site in Georgia. Heavily nail infested. Explorer was quiet. Excessively quiet. Audio threshold was constantly nulled (due to Fe nail infestation dirt). CZ was 'chattery'. Any/All CZ & Explorer performance were 'shut-down' due to severe handicap in nails. F-75 was 'noisy' but found MANY non-ferrous targets that CZ & Exp could not see (head-to-head verified/validated). F-75 could see non-Fe targets to depths of approx 3"...where as CZ & Exp could only see surface targets semi-reliably. ---- Hunted several other areas with similar performance. ...Explorer is too slow to 'reset' between adjacent targets.
* Deliberately run the F-75 a bit noisy.
* Optional coils to follow. Be patient.

Thomas J. Dan kowski

addendums

* F-75 can be set up to run quiet/stable/non-"chattery". ( I always have the tendency to push things to max limits ).

* If I am relic hunting in a nail infested site..... it's nearly a toss-up between T-2 and F-75......although I lean towards F-75 due to better audible resolution and greater depth of F-75. I have years of T-2 "comfort zone" experience...... and hard to break old 'confidence factor' habits,,,,,, although (now) on several occasions, I have clearly proven a several percent improvement in performance of F-75 over T-2. I still like the 'monotone' language of the T-2 better,,,, primarily due to these 'years of experience' comfort-zone again...... not that the F-75 is really much different.

Here is an article by the guy who runs a website http://www.fisherf75.com/ I think his article is at least a year old, but since Mike Scott said that the new software versions did not add any significant improvements, altought he was not refering to the LTD models with boost and CL, so I am not sure how the two LTD models would compare.

-----------

I got the T2 with all the updates and have to say it is a very good detector.
Here is what the F75 has over the T2
Backlight.
The always on backlight is liked by some users but disliked by others. I hunt by tone ID, so having no backlight on the T2 is not a problem. Some wish they could turn off the light of the F75.

First T2s didn't ID as deep as the F75, but the newer T2s ID as well as the F75.
The F75 Handles interference a little better, but i feel that the T2 has a little more punch if you can run ist hot.
The F75 has selectable processing modes that are independant from the Tone ID the T2s processing mode is tied to the tone ID.
The gain and depth on the T2 depends on the Disc setting. It seems you have high gain from 0 to 10, lower from 10 to 20 and higher from 20 + again. I like to use disc 0 with 2+ Tones.
Depth on the fly meter on the F75 and signal strength on the T2.
Static All Metal Mode on the F75, not on the T2.
Last setting memory on the F75, not on T2.
First I thought ist is better to have last setting memory, but due to notch and disc setup on the F75 you may get confused what you did to the detector and a program error is still there if you turn is on again. On the other hand, programming the 3 settings on the T2 is done is under 10 seconds.
The F75 has only 15 numbers for iron and the T2 40 numbers for the iron range. If you have good target mixed in with iron the T2 does a better job than the F75.
Notch System on the F75, only Disc on T2. I never liked Notch because you can only Notch out a group of numbers. I rather go by the VDI numbers, because often one number up or down from pulltab can be the gold ring.

The T2 has less feature, but is easier to use and setup. I year ago I thought the F75 is best for me, but now I use the T2 with the new 5" DD coil most of the time.

BTW, if you don't have the new 5" DD coil for the F75 or T2 you may want to get one. It separates extremly well and the depth is hard to believe for a coil of that size.

Andy

Thanks for the posts they were very informative, you guys told me everything I wanted to know. Thanks again..........Bill in NC