Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 and the 5inch coil

pulltab

I have an omega with the 5inch coil. Do i need to get a 5 for my T2.
I know the coils won't swap, I try to ask am I gaining anything with the 5 on the T2. or can I just use the Omega with the 5 for trashy areas. Or would buying the coil for the t2 be waste?

n/t

You can swap it out if needed.

pulltab said:
I have an omega with the 5inch coil. Do i need to get a 5 for my T2. I know the coils won't swap,..
I just demonstrated several 'They don't work!" coil swaps at a dealer's shop yesterday. Unfortunately, if you want to use the 5" DD on a T2 you need the specific T2 5" coil. They don't swap with the Omega family of models.

pulltab said:
... am I gaining anything with the 5 on the T2. or can I just use the Omega with the 5 for trashy areas. Or would buying the coil for the t2 be waste?
Personally, I don't think it is a waste, but that really depends upon how you like the current success of the 5" DD on the Omega for the sites you hunt.

Also, between the Omega and T2, which of them do you use, with the 11" DD on the T2 or 10" concentric or 11" DD on the Omega? I know some people who like to use the Omega more than their T2 for some day-to-day coin hunting with the 10" or 11" coils because they like the coverage and general performance, and feel the Omega gives them more accurate Target ID on some mid-depth targets. They grab their T2 for best depth and for more 'relic hunting' types of work.

If you use the T2 w/11" DD the most and only use the Omega w/5" DD coil, then maybe you're doing just fine now?

If you like the audio Tone ID options of the T2 and more selective Sensitivity adjustments and other little differences in performance a little more than the Omega, then I'd suggest picking up a 5" DD for the T2. You would still have it for your Omega, if desired, and could go back to the 10' elliptical concentric on the Omega.

I know a fellow who likes the 5" DD a lot, and he also likes certain target ID performance and only 1 or 2 tone audio (1, 1+ and 2+ on the T2 or d1 and d2 on the Omega and Gamma) but he sold his Omega. Like me, he found the quick processing of targets with the G2 even better in dense iron trash and sold his Omega to buy a new G2. He kept the 5" DD (he bought the 3-coil pack Omega) to mount on his G2, like I did. He sold his 11" DD coil from the Omega. He's trimmed his total detector arsenal, for now, to two main detectors: A T2 w/11" DD and the 5" DD was on his shopping list, and he has the G2 w/11" DD and 5" DD.

Most of the time he keeps the 11" DD on the T2 and the 5" on the G2. I can't fault that decision. But sometimes he also does what I do and mounts the 11" DD on the G2 and the 5" DD on the T2. Why, you might ask. For the same reasons you might be considering picking up a 5" DD for the T2. He likes, and I like, the T2's versatility with more Tone ID options and other functions especially when using the 5" DD in some trashy areas. I get a little bit better depth with the T2 and 5" DD in most side-by-side comparisons.

I swap to the 11" DD on the G2 (standard coil) when I am working some more open areas with less trash, but in an urban environment and several other places where I have encountered more EMI with the T2 (or Omega) and have found the G2 (and even the Gamma) to work much quieter with higher Sensitivity settings. Even though I tote more than two detectors around today, I feel that two can be sufficient for many if they have a good standard coil, and a great smaller-than-stock coil.

I used the 5" DD exclusively on the Omega for the entire month of last September and was quite pleased with the performance. Trashy places, yards, parking strips, and even sparse-target open sports fields. I felt the 5" DD was a very good performer on the Omega and Gamma and Delta and still think it is a great optional coil for many hobbyists. For the same reasons I also like the 5" DD on the g2 and the 5" DD on the T2.

Only you can determine if you are satisfied with the 5"/Omega combination or not. It works quite well. The same 5" DD on the G2 works very well, but a little different due to the detector's design, just as the 5" DD coil for the T2 works great, but a bit differently than the Omega w/5" DD. Some of us are just a bit more 'picky' or 'scientific' with how we determine or compare the results.

Monte

Monte...how much discrimination do you use in the really trashy areas with the T2 and 5 inch coil? If you are coin hunting only and not looking for nickels...would you crank up the discrimination to 70 or 75...or even 80? Thanks and HH.

Thanks for the input.

I decided to go ahead and get the 5.
I will try it and let you all know what I think.
The way the 10 works on the omega, I would like to see one for the T2.
Just my thoughts.