Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 and XP Mi6 pp - not a good combo

relicmeister

Went to a field with my T2 and Ultimate coil and had my XP Mi6 pinpointer. The interference was terrible- so bad I had to remove the headphones to use it. Not trying that again. I’ll use my Garrett from now on with which there is zero interference. Glad I have the choice.

So is the pinpointer brand specific to operate with? I wouldnt think a pinpointer would interfere with a detector no matter the brand, interesting…….

Interesting. I read on another forum that guy using xp deus machines was having issues with the Mi6 pinpointer as it would interfere with certain coils they were using as well as version of software. But I have seen others using the pinpointer with different machines with no issues

My T2 gets interference with my Garrett unless I go to #3 frequency. Did you try other frequencies with the xp one? I have the Carrot and regular garrett, whites TRX, fisher pulse and the xp and they all interfere with one or another of my detectors and all are quiet with one or another detector. The detectors that can switch frequencies can usually be made to work with about any pinpointer but this is not absolute either. My fisher pulse interferes with the elliptical DD on my Tejon but works okay with both the 5" concentric and the 5" DD coil. However I have not tried shifting frequencies on the pointer.

Last edited:
No I haven’t tried other frequencies , nor have I tried the XP with the stock elliptical. I’ll have to see how they play with the f19 when it comes, but there was no interference using the coil and 11” elliptical coil on the g2+ I had so my only concern would be with the f19 and 10x13” coil - not the 10x5 or the 5” round.

The other night I stopped at a field with the t2 / ultimate coil my way home and found a large cent within the first 5 minutes.

I get no interference from any pinpointer on my f19- it’s just the T2 and Ultimate coil and particularly bad with the XP pinpointer. There’s interference with the Garrett pp but it’s tolerable.