Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 Classic question about EMI.

Jeff (or)

When the first original T2's arrived, I bought one, and liked it a LOT. My only issue with it was it could not deal with EMI (in my area) so I sold it. My question now is, has Teknetics addressed the EMI problem and have done some revisions to deal with the problem in their NEW T2 Classic, or just ignore it. If they have taken care of the problem and haven't hurt the great performance, I'm buying one. Jeff

I looked at the manual and the only mention of handling EMI was through frequency shift, or reducing sensitivity. You can download the manual from the Teknetics website. Hope this helps. Robert

HanoverDigger said:
I looked at the manual and the only mention of handling EMI was through frequency shift, or reducing sensitivity. You can download the manual from the Teknetics website. Hope this helps. Robert

I understand adjusting the frequency shift, and lowering the sensitivity to deal with certain amounts of EMI per the manual. I did that. What I am wondering is if they have done anything to help alleviate the problem in the new "T2 Classics" or is the problem still there? I gotta tell ya, the T2 is an excellent detector for most hunting situations, but some areas the EMI was just too much for it. Jeff

Jeff (or) said:
HanoverDigger said:

I understand adjusting the frequency shift, and lowering the sensitivity to deal with certain amounts of EMI per the manual. I did that. What I am wondering is if they have done anything to help alleviate the problem in the new "T2 Classics" or is the problem still there? I gotta tell ya, the T2 is an excellent detector for most hunting situations, but some areas the EMI was just too much for it. Jeff
If it's like the original green T2, then probably not. I could be wrong. Anyone else like to chime in?

you didn't say what settings you used with first one. a lot seem to like to use 0 disc. the only time I use 0 is when I'm checking out a signal that sounds like it might have iron mixed in with a good target so I can hear the iron. when I do this is the only time I ever hear any emi.

Trust me it will not be a bad detector.............. and it has some serious depth if it is the 100% original electronics..

I'm a dealer in Germany for Teknetics and when I heard the green T2 is coming back I sent in the same question to FT by email.

The answer was that the unit was updated a few times and I just should try one how it works. Well that is what I am going to do next week when I get the units in.
Than I can give you the answer you are looking for.

Andy

Andy said:
I'm a dealer in Germany for Teknetics and when I heard the green T2 is coming back I sent in the same question to FT by email.

The answer was that the unit was updated a few times and I just should try one how it works. Well that is what I am going to do next week when I get the units in.
Than I can give you the answer you are looking for.

Andy

Thank you, Andy, I appreciate it. Jeff

Good i am looking to buy one it is hard to find answers on the new / old T2