Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 classic Stock, 4", + ? coil

Herb Jones

I have the Stock and 4" coils for the T2, Thinking of picking up another if there is another that is worth it??? any suggestions? I Ground Balance out in the low sixties usually and mostly shoot coins.... never dug a coin deeper than about 8-9" so that's the depth range. not many DEEP targets where I typically hunt. I love the separation on the 4" was hoping for something as focused, with a little more ground coverage.... I really wish there were a 6"concentric... dream on right...

There is a 5in DD for the T2...but no 4 inch I am aware of.

Only 4in coil from First Texas I am aware of is the concentric for the newer Tek and Fisher 7.7khz machines...and the older Bounty hunter 6.6khz machines.

I personally like the 5x10 DD on the T2...is almost as deep as the stock 11DD and separates quite well.

The 3 mostly used coils that i use on my T2 are the 5''DD terrific coil for really trashy sites,found me some really nice celtic gold staters and stunning George111 Guinea,NEL Sharpshooter 9.5x5.5 this i tend too use instead of the stock 11'' coil,and the 3rd main coil i use is the NEL Storm 14x13 this of course is used for more ground coverage and depth and it does both of these tasks very well,also its still very sensitive on small targets like our silver cut halves.I do have larger coils but then one just gains the ground coverage and depth mainly on larger targets of course but then looses the sensitivity on small items.

So my main 3 coils are 5'',Sharpshooter and the NEL Storm,with just these 3 coils i would think that most detecting scenarios are covered.