Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 Classic - Ultimate vs Tornado Coils

Bryan V

New T2 Classic on the way!
Has anyone done a side by side comparison between the Ultimate and Tornado Coils on the T2 Classic?
I know both have their own fan base and are probably pretty close.
Depth is important but I also want to maintain smooth threshold for All Metal detecting.
My ground is pretty mineralized so that might affect one more than the other too.
Thanks,

Bryan

No matter which coil you get sweep fast to get the maximum depth out of it. If in trash or iron get a NEL SHARPSHOOTER and swing it. In my 3 bar dirt with stock 11"DD coil I can hit a 10" dime and 10" nickel with it with a quick sweep speed. 10" is plenty deep enough for me. So I see no reason to get a bigger search coil.

Thanks 88junior but I'm greedy!
My CTX gets me to 10" on a dime but I will be trying the All Metal with a big coil so I can see if I can that extra inch or two.
May not happen but I want to try.
Thanks for the heads up on the Sharpshooter and fast sweep speed.

Bryan

I have used the Tornado on the F75 and it operated smooth and stable, very EMI resistant. Depth? perhaps an inch over the stock 11" DD. IMO Fisher/Tek has improved their coils over the years, the stock 11" Biaxial coils are hard to beat. That said, in all metal things could be different.

Tom