Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2+ & Coin Depth

minnixb

Thinking about picking up a T2+. I hunt in Middle TN and curious about depth on coins. Appreciate some experienced feedback.

I think there are too many variables concerning ground conditions to be able to predict your success. I have routinely been able to dig coins (and debris!) in 6 inches and beyond no problem. My Midwest soil is favorable for depth and think 9 inch+coins can be had easily. Under favorable conditions the T2+goes very deep. Hopefully I’ve helped a little good luck!

I have this unit and I have pulled coins at 10. I hunt in 2+ tone mode and listen for the softer, repeatable sounds. They will not ID well at that depth but if they show deep I will dig them anyway. Likely will go deeper in boost mode. This is in Midwest soil. I enjoy this machine.

I used the original T-2 when they were released.

Some areas were very consistent at 8" coins.. Also many pull tabs at that depth of the early 60's variety .. Just couldn't get rid of them..but the coins were there too.

In some areas such as older school yards where coal chips were in the mix the depth wasn't very good.. 4 to 5 inches was about it.

It shined in speed of recovery. You didn't miss target sounds.. The audio alert was deeper than the target id in a lot of areas.. I did notice that you could turn the depth selection lower and still hit 6 to 8" targets. Discrimination didn't affect depth a lot either.. no significant loss in my soil...

When I first used the T2 I felt it was way to chattery.. I soon learned it was hitting targets my other detectors did not hit. Due to recovery lag on their part...( Not fast enough) in reset (ability to detect) after a hit.

I did hit a lot of iron ( Metal targets) and reading more about the machine I discovered it was doing what it was designed to do ..It's a relic hunter that works well on all targets.

It is a dream to swing.. Light, well balanced, and fast, fast, fast .. The deepest machine out there ?.. NO ...the average is pretty good like stated about 6 to 8" with an occasional deeper target hit.. Make sure you get a 5" coil. it is a laser. Don't swing the T-2 slowly either... I actually found in my soil it did better at a faster swing.. shoulder to shoulder swings.