Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 electrical interference issues

I've been reading some reviews of the t2 and have seen mostly good reviews except for some saying it is prone to electrical interference. Turning the sensitivity way down can help with that but of course at the expense of loss of depth. Seems like most of the negative reviews were from 2006 or 2007 so definitely older reviews. Has this issue somehow been fixed in the newer t2 detectors. I was researching the regular t2 not the special edtion ones. Thanks

there is a video out there of showing just how deep this machine is even on low sensitivity setting and on boost mode. I will try and find it. do not worry about having to turn down the sensitivity.

I use the standard green T2 and i dont get a great amount of EMI problems,the most common problem with the T2 is people tend to crank the sensitivity right up this then make the T2 run very erratic so just by dropping that setting back a little and not 'way down' as you have mentioned sorts out most problems.The sensitivity control on a T2 does not affect depth like other machines,its the discrimination control that dictates the depth on the T2.

One of the biggest EMI problems with the detector is people carrying mobile phones on them and this can cause problems with not only the T2 but also other detectors as well,,so unless you are detecting right next door to a mobile phone mast etc it should be all right.

Of course over here in the UK we dont tend to detect in parks or city centres as much as you folk over the pond,so you will i guess have great problems from EMI than what we do when we are hunting out on farm land.

Sensitivity does not equal depth. Also if you are picking up interference the first thing to do is to change frequencies to search thru the the 7 frequencies (all right around 13 Khz) that the T2 can be set to. A lot of times that might get rid of it or at least reduce interference.

I thought I was having that problem yesterday. The T2 was going crazy. The coil wire was loose around the shaft. Tightened it up and it seemed to help.

dont forget you can change frequencies... Hold menu button and press the trigger forward. Hope that helps