Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 for gold prospecting

David

I am new to the Teknetics forum so I hope I am not repeating an old idea too much. But I am thinking about buying the lightweight(advertised as the best ergonomics in the industry) T2 Ltd for gold prospecting in shallower(and all) areas and/or trashy areas, and also for finding gold specimens and gold nuggets too small for the pulse induction(PI) machines to pick up.

One fellow uses the T2 in Oregon in high mineralization and he said it works much better than his previous Minelab X-Terra there.

In the latest issue of (GPAA) Gold Prospectors Magazine, July/Aug 2011 on Page 15, the T2 Ltd is advertised as unmatched for gold prospecting,...
Also in Africa the T2 is in high demand and seems to be the VLF metal detector of choice in Africa for finding gold.

Any input or info on what you know about the T2 Ltd for gold prospecting.??

P.S. I know there is a large SEF butterfly DD coil available, but is that new Fisher round F75 15" DD coil out now and available for the T2 Ltd also.?

Thank you.

I know this is not the T2 Ltd but here is some info on its cousin the F75 about gold prospecting:

On the: AMDS Adventure Forum - AMDS Metal Detecting Forum (akmining dot com)

Under: Fisher F75 Special Edition and Gold
08(August)-14-2011 (Written just lately Steve Herschbach)

The T2 is a very good gold machine. The Teknetics G2 is a higher Freq and more tuned for Gold. I would look into the G2 is gold is what your after!

Hi David... The T2 and F75 both have excellent recovery speeds/target separation in trashy areas. There was just no comparison between my X-terra 705 and the T2 in heavy trash.. The T2 is fast... After getting the T2 I realized how ineffective my 705 was here in heavy mineralization and the iron nails. The 705 couldn't handle the magnetite and a half dollar would degrade to the iron range (-8 to -4) around 4" (all coins seemed to do that here). After getting the T2 I pulled up a .9gram 14K Gold Knights of Pythias Pin from 1900 in a very small spot I hit so many times with the X-terra. It was an about 5" down and gave a good diggable signal. T2 seems to be very sensitive to small stuff... I had to start using a pinpointer again just because some things are so small I can't see them in the dirt.

I have an early T2... one of the first off the line... With the five-inch "sniper" coil it is also a
pretty good gold machine. It is not a tracking machine... It may be one of the first of the FT line to
have "GRAB" which is better in many ways then the usual tracking and can be manually
adjusted to slighly positive or weaker as wished.

It took me awhile to get used to it non-tracking which could "track out" a small nugget and therefore
give a one way signal as tracking could track out the small weaker signal as many detectorists just
waved the coil over the target sound (and not over the dirt on each side of the sound) and tracked it out.

Without tracking just set the power to to hear a little noise with the detector in the air and push "GRAB."
But make sure you are over non metal or any "hot rock" and that the ground noise is not too loud to
overide any small nugget sound.

I keep mentioning small gold as they are now more commonly found and with gold at about $1600 + just
finding a few pickers add up $$.

The T2 also has a "dirt stength" magnetic Fe3O4 bargraph whilch measure the amount of magnetic
mineralizarion in the soil and a ground cancel phase number display which measures the type of ground.
The owners manual explanes this better and in more detail then I do...