Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 Gray Ghost Questions

I just got a T2. I have an original set of classic Gray Ghost Headphones. I tried them on the T2 and nothing. Put them on an ACE 250 and they are fine. Tried a set of Garrett headphones on the T2 and they worked. My question is why wont the Gray Ghost work on the T2?

I have used Gray Ghost on my G2+ but recently they stopped working. I also tried some Killer Bees and they would only work with the plug half-way in. I called Teknetics to send in detector and he said they get lots of problem calls with the Gray Ghosts headphones. Wanted me to try some different ones before I send in. So I bought a cheap but near mint set of Treasure Wise phones and they work great.

Hmmm, I haven't had a T 2 for a while, but my Gray Ghost originals did work fine on it at the time. Maybe something in the speaker system has changed??? HH jim tn

I just got a T2. I have an original set of classic Gray Ghost Headphones. I tried them on the T2 and nothing. Put them on an ACE 250 and they are fine. Tried a set of Garrett headphones on the T2 and they worked. My question is why wont the Gray Ghost work on the T2?
Have you tried changing the position switch?

Attachments

• Inkedoriginal_gray_ghost_phones_2_LI.jpg
    Inkedoriginal_gray_ghost_phones_2_LI.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 175
Have you tried changing the position switch?
My suggestion as well. I use wireless with my Garrett Apex units, and Killer B 'Hornet' or 'Wasp' models with all my other detectors, and have for many years. I had a set of Grey Ghost headphones once as well. I found that depending on how some detector models had their headphone jack wired I had some compatibility issues, but it was seldom. On the few times I had non-function, it was my fault for not having a proper 'compatibility switch' position.

Monte

I tried everything. Guy at Teknetics said Gray Ghost were faulty. It's more likely Texas using older jacks...lol.

Hmmmm ,could be like everything is being made in China?You would be surprise our top brands being made there:huh:Seen this coming long time ago especially when you see a red tag "made in china" or assemble in china:ban:on a detector and pin-pointers:ninja:Beware guys make sure what you are buying there's a certain brand 0f detectors that have been doing this for years:look:

To me it sounds like a bad switch in the headphones. They won't switch from stereo to mono. I had to send in some Sun Rays because of a broken switch once. They are pretty fragile on any brand.