Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2: How to hear the difference between a bottlecap and a coin

In air test and controlled tests machines can be manipulated to do whatever you want...In real world hunting the user gets manipulated cause everything changes in the dirt. Concentric coils are great at rejecting bottle caps, but DD coils will always call them a coin...
I dug a screwcap once, swing over it and sounded great..put the dirt back in the hole and reswung over the hole for the hell of it,I normally don't do that...Got a sweet high tone. . reopen the hole,dug another 4 inches or so more and pulled out a George Washington silver quarter..

In air test and controlled tests machines can be manipulated to do whatever you want...In real world hunting the user gets manipulated cause everything changes in the dirt. Concentric coils are great at rejecting bottle caps, but DD coils will always call them a coin...
I dug a screwcap once, swing over it and sounded great..put the dirt back in the hole and reswung over the hole for the hell of it,I normally don't do that...Got a sweet high tone. . reopen the hole,dug another 4 inches or so more and pulled out a George Washington silver quarter..

We are talking about the T2 here, no concentric coils available. What I posted does work in the field with the T2. I have hundreds of hours on the T2.
It would be nice if you try what I posted bevor you answer like that.

HH,

Andy

Just a thought. Have you tried the fast wiggle- pull back coil method? It has worked on a few of my machines. The numbers will jump quite a bit as you pull back coil toward you away from target after pinpointing.

The numbers will jump quite a bit as you pull back coil toward you away from target after pinpointing.
That's good advice. You usually will also get an iron tone as the cap goes out from under the coil if disc is set low enough.
I have "ferro check" on my legend. The more black indicators on one side is for ferrous, and the other side nonferrous. I have bottle caps that show completely nonferrous and the VID is in the good large silver area when directly under the middle of my coil. As I start pulling back with small sweeps, when the cap gets near the front edge of the coil, the numbers start jumping, the tones started changing, and the ferrocheck meter starts draining the nonferrous side and filling up the ferrous. The way the meter is designed, it looked like an hourglass, and I could adjust the flow by manipulating the coil. lol It was a heck of a show.

I know my T2 will tell me the same thing but it doesn't put on as much of a show. Its ready to go right now with a Detech Arrow 4x18 inch coil. I love this setup.

With my gold bug with a dd coil take the toe and sweep if iron signal most likely a bottle cap . Dave J has stated this before. You will have to play with it till you get it down.