Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 problem ...

fishandchips

Hello I have a new T2se that I've used for 2 weeks with no problems. The last 2 days out at my local park, (which i've been at 4 times with this machine and it worked perfectly) Now the numbers are jumping all over and falsing to the point I stop hunting. Any Idea what this could be. I checked coil connection,which was tight. Thanks

Chips
If you have a coil cover on it take it off and clean out any sand/dirt that may have gottin in between.
Is your cell phone on ?
EMI ?
Does it do the same thing at different places or just the park ?
Hope it`s one of those things.
Gary

no coil cover, same thing happens at different locations. i changed the batteries tonite so i will check it out tomorrow morning. thanks

what settings are you using the t2se i had i could only run the sense around 70 in most places also did your t2 come with the small coil if so give it a try good luck hh

One of the biggest problems when people buy a new T2 is too crank up the sensitivity high this is a drastic mistake as it makes the detector go haywire and very erratic but once you reduce it down to say 70 most of the time it becomes stable as anything,the T2 is without doubt the best detector that i have ever owned and i sometimes crank sens upto 80 but this would only be on farmland or pasture well away from any source of EMI but usually i dont go over the range 70-75 and if i use my big 15x12SEF coil on it i even drop it down to say 65 and very rarely get any problems.

I'm heading to delaware this morning to go out for a hunt, i will try the small coil and see if that helps. I tried 60 on the sens. and 45 on the disc. with the same problem. thanks for the answers

Mine did the same thing, started falsing and the numbers were jumping all over the place. It finally stopped and is ok now.. I think it may have had something to do with nearby powerlines or some other kind of electrical interference?? Wireless router? Cellphone?
Ed

Try taking your sens down , and disc up a little. Does this interference happen when machine is turned on, or only while sweeping the coil ( Motion) ??

With machine off, push and hold trigger foward while pushing and holding menu button in, then turn machine on. Done correctly it resets the machine.
Scully

took it out today, same problem. It does it all the time,moving or still. I think it time to get it sent back for a repair. I did try everything mentioned above with no success. but I did manage to find the button in between all the noise

Did not know about the Factory Reset on the T-2. I know that this is the way to see what software version you have...........Mark

Scully said:
With machine off, push and hold trigger foward while pushing and holding menu button in, then turn machine on. Done correctly it resets the machine.
Scully

Mine went crazy yesterday, and it was the Garrett pin pointer that i had mounted on the shaft but the crazy part was that it was off. but sure enough when i removed it it stopped and when i put it back on it started

If some of you guys mean that the detector goes berserk for five or ten seconds and then quiets down, that is perfectly normal.

It happens with all detectors that run hot. It's a common occurrence with the T2, Gold Bug Pro and Blisstool among others.

Don't worry about it. Just put the coil on the ground and wait for it to stop. I'm surprised the manual doesn't mention this because it would save people a lot of concern.

If the noise is continuous it could be EMI. Electrical interference is stronger at different times of the day so a place might be noisy one day and quiet the next.

Concerning the Garrett Pro Pointer. If you like to run high sensitivities, it can't be carried anywhere in front of your body without the T2 picking it up. Strangely, this only happens when the Pro Pointer is turned OFF. Turn it on and there is no problem. To deal with this I made an aluminum foil sheath to carry the Pro Pointer in. The foil prevents the T2 from picking it up. I covered the foil with duct tape on both sides first, then rolled it into a sheath and it works great.

Another thing that can be overlooked is metal tools hanging from your belt, metal in your shoes, keys in pocket on the side you carry the detector and so on. I've noticed the housing itself is sensitive to close-by metal. Coils are supposed to be sealed, but there are entry points for moisture if the seal is less than perfect.

But chattering a lot when by itself and motionless is not normal at the reduced settings you described, especially if it's happening everywhere you try it. Coil pointing tip up when laid on the ground can read EMI moreso than with coil laying flat.

If you continue to see problems, I'd give First Texas a call.

-Ed