Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 question

brianc577

I love the T2, but pinpointing is really hard. The target is under the coil stem is at the end of the coil. My holes are huge! Any advi e? My pinpointed intervetres with the machine, is that bad? The machine starts going crazy and I have to uxsee the vibrating to locate the target. Any help is appreciated.

On the stock coil that comes with the T2 on the top and the bottom of the coil covers are a 1/2'' round mark in the plastic !! those are not the plastic mould holes those are infact the pinpointing marks on the coil,regarding after market coils then of course they dont have those pinpointing marks,so the best way if using a fter market coil in just put a few coin targets down on the ground and see how they respond in regarding the position of the target under the coil and take a mental not.Not alot else too suggest on that one,pinpointing is usually spot on excuse the pun.

Regarding the pinpointing,alot of pinpointers work on a similar freq to the detector and can 'crosstalk' as its called,its nothing wrong as such its just both electrical signals crosstalk and nothing wrong with the detector or probe,you may try keeping the detector slightly on one side away from the probe and that may reduce the problem,or another possible solution might be try changing the freq shift and try one of the other freq either higher or lower and that may reduce the problem,but the shift in freq is only very small but may do the trick.

Its not unique with the T2 either,my Deus and Garrett probe cross talk as well,my suggestions may or may not help,but you are not alone for sure.

I had the same problem you are having and I ordered a NEL Sharpshooter coil and I love the coil and pinpointing is much easier. Also much lighter and better balanced.

I use a 15" coil most of the time & I use the front point of the coil to pinpoint. I'll center the target under the coil & walk the coil back til the target stops responding. The target is just in front of the tip of the coil then.

Build yourself a coin - trash & jewelry garden with the items buried at various depths - make sure that you ground balance machine and practice.

Texas ED

Just been testing new T2 as a backup to my E-Tracs. It pinpointed very accurately for me. Right by the marks as another person said. I am using the XPointer with zero interference. Popped a nickel out in my front yard that I had missed with my E-Trac!

After several hours of hunt time with the T2 & stock coil on my sports fields my pinpointing is

#1 you must have a perfect ground ballance (sometimes I do a manual GB)

#2 like mega said, the round spot on top of the coil is a reference point ( I painted mine with paper white out )

#3 when a target is located make sure other targets are not near it.

#4 the T2 has pinpoint sensitivity adjustments if it seems to strong you can turn it down a bit.

#5 I use both trigger pinpoint and Disc together while using the white round dot as a visual guide

Doing all the above with the stock coil, my pinpointing is pretty darn good, as the park Rangers are always watching me and never complain.

brianc577 said:
I love the T2, but pinpointing is really hard. The target is under the coil stem is at the end of the coil. My holes are huge! Any advi e? My pinpointed intervetres with the machine, is that bad? The machine starts going crazy and I have to uxsee the vibrating to locate the target. Any help is appreciated.

For crosstalk problems with my Garrett carrot, I switch the frequency on my T2 Classic. F4 frequency works for me.