Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 Shaft

Has anyone else ever broken the lower shaft on their T2?

I did, just when I got into a 1760 British campsite...found an original wroght Iron tent peg still in the ground..and as I started hitting targets, zap!!! I found out how far you can throw a T2 at that time...you gotta see some of the stuff my hunting partner found!!!! Complete cross belt buckle ( both parts) butoons, coins ect..I was 250 miles from home on an Island when it happened, and we can only hunt that area once a year...hundereds of tent sites just as they were left when the British pulled out trenches everywhere, all untouched..I did find several 1700s entrenching tools and wrough iron nails before the machine went down...also a very nice engraved Officers pistol trigger guard..and a couple of other bits.

There was a complete stone surounded fire pit, with the stones still 3 levels high..all grown over..not to mention many other fire pits.
About 10,000 Soldiers were here for a couple of months..but the area is very badly grown over and you cannot force your way through most of it.

We found tons of wroght iron tent stakes as well as 2 foot long spikes for the larger marquee tents, left in piles at the corner of the tents...these were bent in most cases.

We made some great finds..too bad this had to happen when we finaly got into the tent sites.

Dean

It looks like the Fisher lower rods which are alot stronger. I will have to check if Fisher lower rods are the same (or maybe a dealer/sponsor can check this?). It's worth making the switch. That older-style stem thingy is not nearly as good as the Fisher 1 piece...
HH,
Bill

Contacted Jeff at Middlesex and he shipped one out today!!

Great service as always!!

Dean