Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 shrew, sniper, sharpshooter, fortune

Herb Jones

Shrew, sniper, sharpshooter, fortune... are there any first hand experience with the shrew or fortune compared to the sharpshooter and sniper coils... any notable differences? I can't deiscern any from the manufacturers propoganda... I know there are lots of things said about the sharpshooter and sniper, but do t see much about the others.

Hello Herb
Couple guys I know use the Cors or Nel coil setups...and have mentioned they seem to be about the same when checking signals..hope this helps..by joe

Nel and Cors I believe are two companies owned by brothers so despite the names the similar classes of coils appear to be exactly the same.
I can tell you on my F70 the Sharpshooter Nel coil has a lot going for it and most of all it seems to be quieter and a bit more stable than my Fisher coils.
I just started hunting with a Cors Cannon coil and not many hours in it so far but the sensitivity, response and most of all less chatter and stability in some higher EMI sites seems to match the behavior I see on the much smaller Nel coil which surprised me and thrills me to no end...so far.