Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 Test Bed

Circle C Digger

In order to quicken my learning curve with the T2, I've decided to build me a test bed using the following items and coins:

Nickle (70s era and new)
Dime (70s era and new)
Penney (wheat & and new zinc)
Quarter (70s era and new)
Pull tab
Rusty bottle cap
Rusty nail
Some Tin Slaw
combination of a coin and a rusty item.

Every sample will be buried around 2 to 5 inches deep. I will then water it down and wait a week before trying it out with my T2.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to make this test bed better.

Circle C Digger

A test garden is always a good idea, I would bury a couple of targets deep such as a dime and a quarter. My test garfen is around 8 years old and I have a rosie dime buried at 9" and a quarter at 10". My T2 will hit on both of these coins with sens. at 85 disc. at 4 and tones at 3. I live in the High Point area of N.C. HH

Jerry Murphy

I would suggest that you go a little deeper as well. That way if you ever want to compare two machines you can. Most any machine will find a coin at five inches.

If you don't challenge the machine, you won't find out what settings give you the best results.

NASA Tom suggested burrowing sideways from a hole several inches to plant your item. His idea being the undesturbed ground would give better real time results sooner.

I like the burrowing sideways idea. Simple accurate and stupid I never thought of it.

Yeah same targets at different depths would be intersting. I was thinking how to get true depth. What about taping a string on to a coin then wrap the string around a long stick or broom handle. Then measure the string and hang the coin in a hole by the stick
bury the coin. Cut the string. A lot of hassle.

Yeah a bit anal. Not important when comparing detector A vs B. But you can get to know your machine if you burry same target at different depths and how it sounds. Different orientations????? Multiple targets in a single hole.

Sounds like fun. If its wasnt -20F and two feet of snow outside I would try it myself. Interesting to compare between different ground, coils, settings........ Different people using same objects at same depth. Comparing etc etc.

More scientific than the biased reports we (myself as well) give. Its all good fun though.

let us know how your experiments go....