Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 the relic monster- such a great machine.

Way to go Iowa. Question for ya. How does that trenching shovel do in thick heavy woods dealing with tuff roots. I’ve been looking to get one because it looks like it pops a plug pretty good
thanks Bill

Way to go Iowa. Question for ya. How does that trenching shovel do in thick heavy woods dealing with tuff roots. I’ve been looking to get one because it looks like it pops a plug pretty good
thanks Bill
Bill, we got some serious root problems with all these pines and live oaks around here. I originally got that spade for fields but after my lesche got stolen it became my primary. It’s excellent in the woods. It won’t cut roots very well but it works through them and can snap them by prying. It’s extremely tough. I carry a small folding root saw (mossy oak) in my pouch if needed. But if you watch, I usually don’t open much of a hole. I mainly work under the roots and pry up once then go in with the pointer. As a bonus, this thing will cut very deep clean plugs in the turf. Cutting down the handle is very necessary. Adds to the strength and it makes it much more maneuverable. I got that one in 2017 and it’s showing no signs of fatigue. I will say this, when you go to Lowe’s, check the welds on these shovels. Pick one that has a complete weld. Some were less beefy looking and some were stoutly welded.

Nice hunting. Tough digging in those tree roots. I've been there too. CCH