Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2+ vs Equinox 800

wildbill!!

I'm mainly a relic hunter and have been doing it off and on for the last thirty years, for the last 3 years I've been hunting with the T2+and have done very well with this machine on Civil War and Colonial relics . I'm thinking of upgrading to the Equinox 800 but I really haven't seen any comparison between the T2 and the Equinox 800. Has anyone had experience with both of these machines? I would like to hear a comparison between the two. Thanks in advance.

^put it in all metal......you will find every good target there is to find.😊
The T2 is a really good machine and in reality it will find just as much as anything else in the right hands.......don't expect your finds rates to get much better than you have with the T2 and you won't be massively disappointed you spent all that money on an equinox.

^put it in all metal......you will find every good target there is to find.😊
The T2 is a really good machine and in reality it will find just as much as anything else in the right hands.......don't expect your finds rates to get much better than you have with the T2 and you won't be massively disappointed you spent all that money on an equinox.
Nauti, I agree with you. The T2+ has done me right for years now. I fell victim to the Equinox hype. I'm sticking with the T2.

Nauti, I agree with you. The T2+ has done me right for years now. I fell victim to the Equinox hype. I'm sticking with the T2.
I had one of the original T2's over here in the uk........had a lot of success with mine including use on sites that had a lot of iron in them.I only parted with mine as i moved to the coast and now hunt the beaches most of the time.And yes,there is so much hype surrounding detectors these days.....ive owned a lot of machines over the years and learned that all the good machines out there will find the same amount of stuff in reality....,,,the T2 really hasn't got a lot to worry about just yet.😊

I haven't had a T2 for a while, but I have had a lot of F 75 time and the Nox is better in heavy trash, MAYBE a tad deeper, but does offer much better tid at depth and with multi frequency, can handle more mineralized ground better. My assessment, and that's if my ole memory is still serving me right. HH jim tn

not able to compare the 2... but what I find with the Equinox is.. it's definitely a deep seeking detector... also at times it belts out deep signals! I can only compare it to the dfx, the explorer and a few others... But I agree on the separation... you can definitely still pick out good targets among trash by listening to the tone...and watching the tid as a back up verification...

I'm mainly a relic hunter and have been doing it off and on for the last thirty years, for the last 3 years I've been hunting with the T2+and have done very well with this machine on Civil War and Colonial relics . I'm thinking of upgrading to the Equinox 800 but I really haven't seen any comparison between the T2 and the Equinox 800. Has anyone had experience with both of these machines? I would like to hear a comparison between the two. Thanks in advance.
Been using the Equinox 600 for a while now, it's a good machine but it's no better than the T2+ in my opinion. The equinox has some good features over the T2+, especially the multi frequency and notch discrimination but these are modes coin hunters use. I relic hunt so these features are something I would never use. I'm not seeing where the Equinox is any better in trashy iron spot than the T2+ but I will say this I think I have 2 good metal detectors ( T2+ Equinox 600) now. I'm saying I think these machines are about equal.

I love how all these new machines come out and they,(according to many) change metal detecting for the better.You would think by now that detectors would be perfect and able to find any target in any situation.🤣
In reality,new models give the same type of performance in different wrappers........there has been no great leaps forward.