Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 vs Racer

Justin E

Just curious if anyone out there is familiar with the new T2 and the racer. Looking at getting a detector. I'm going to be doing mainly relic hunting in East TN. I have a lot of red clay.

Anybody have any experience with these detectors?

owned two of the original T2's and used them a fair amount.

Justin E said:
Just curious if anyone out there is familiar with the new T2 and the racer. Looking at getting a detector. I'm going to be doing mainly relic hunting in East TN. I have a lot of red clay.

Anybody have any experience with these detectors?
Right off the bat I would suggest comparing the Makro Racer to the Teknetics Omega since both of those are close in MSRP and features. To jump up to the T2's MSRP we ought to maybe consider the Nokta FORS CoRe as more similar 'competition,' or so it would seem.

However, I will say this about both the FORS and Racer models. They balance well and, to me, seem a little easier to make adjustments and cruise though the menu. They also give a much better 'lock-on' to targets in the mid-range to deeper depths than the T2's I have owned and/or borrowed. The T2's were noisier and the display was kind of spastic on many targets over 3" deep, but the FORS and Racer have provided me much tighter and more accurate/consistent readings at depths where the T2's annoyed me.

Still, I would take the Racer w/Pro Pack and the standard and smaller-size coils to the T2 Ltd. with the standard and smaller-size coils because I feel I have experienced improved field performance over the T2's I had. Is the 'new' version any better? Possibly, but I'd gladly take my Nokta FORS CoRe or Makro Racer up against one just to compare the results. Who knows, the results for some testing might be close, but one thing I know is that this time I would be expecting the revised T2 to be an improved performer to come up to, or close to, the in-the-field results of the FORS or Racer.

Monte

I tested the T2 S.E. v2 for the factory..

And while the t2 is a great unit.. the Racer will unmask better....depth about equal.. unless you have bad dirt then the racer is less prone to call non ferrous as ferrous at depth like a T2 seems to want to do...

in better dirt the T2 will be deeper stock coil vs stock coil...the small coil on the racer is as hot as the small coil on the t2 in BP mode.. maybe a tad deeper.. with better unmasking to boot also..

Keith

I was really leaning toward the F19 over the Racer/Core. But after seeing how Nokta/Makro responds to their customers, and after personal negative dealings with First Texas, I've decided to go with Nokta/Makro. It's refreshing to see a company respond to a problem with positive comments rather than to go on the defensive. Sounds like a good business model.

I've gotten some mixed messages from others saying the T2 would be better than the Racer. There's a guy on YouTube, I think Relic 1864 is his name, that has a Racer. Wish I could get in touch with him. Haven't gotten a reply on YouTube. Saw a video he did with a new F75.

NasaTom's forum has extensive Racer testing with results compared to both the T2 & F75 which are similar in a lot of ways to the Racer.

I just got the Racer pro pack and have also played with the CoRe. I have a lot of hours on the T2 and F75. I live between Knoxville and Chattanooga along I75. I also deal with the red clay and red iron dirt (two different things). If you are close, I could get together with you and show you the Racer first hand.

I'm not exactly seeing the better ID in bad soil that some have mentioned. But that is probably just differences in what someone else is calling bad and what I call bad. In my soil, the Racer and CoRe both would ID non ferrous things as ferrous. Approx 6 inches deep was the transition point. Down to 6 inches...you were good at trusting the ID. Beyond that, and you had better start investigating some of those iron signals. I was trying to find the transition point yesterday with a US quarter and found it to be what I stated above. 5 inches and less, its giving solid numbers in the mid to upper 80s with good tone. 6.5 to 7 inches...the quarter is now starting to ID with a mostly iron ID of around 8 to 10 with occasional spikes or bounces from the 60s to 80s. Certainly not the high tone lock in the 80s.

If you lower the ID filter to 5 and lower, I can start to pick up deeper objects that are coming in around 8 to 10 but they'll all ID as iron. I don't particularly see it IDing any better or worse than the T2 or 75...in fact I would say they are decently close to one another. Pre upgraded F75 and T2 units will have the advantage on depth in all metal. Post upgrade units...the Racer and CoRe are probably a touch better. It would be close. I would pick the Racer or CoRe just for the faster recovery speed for working trash. But for overall depth and ID...thats gonna be close IMO and no crystsl clear hands down winner.