Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2SE 1+ vs 2+

fsdigital12

Most have recommend 1+ for hunting in the woods when searching for deep coins and relics. Some prefer 2+. A buddy of mine said 1+ responds better on deeper signals where 2+ can give a iron grunt on iffy signals and possibly be fooled. I've also heard 1+ is faster in separating.....what mode do you use? I've also heard boost is slower and not recommended for hunting with all the time

What's the difference between
80-90 Sens Disc 0 2+ Dig anything that doesn't give a grunt
80-90 Sen Disc 45 1+? Dig everything above iron

If my main goal is to looking for Non-ferrous targets?

As i live in the UK,you folks across the pond may use the T2 differently but the majority of owner prefer to use 2+ as you have mentioned the 'grunt' for iron is a big plus,1 may give you a very small amount of depth but the advantage in my mind of having that 'grunt' tone far out ways the very small loss in depth if any.

The boost mode as i see it is great for confirming deep signals when pinpointing and for general use as you have mentioned the signal can be seen as slower,i use too own the Ltd version but was offered a price higher than what i payed for it so i sold it,but i still use the green original version.And to be honest i am more than happy with non boost version and it also saves me alot of money.

I mainly use 75,15,2+ as my base line and then fine tune it as required to the ground conditions,i can increase it upto 85 on pasture but no higher i guess mainly due to the fact that i use the 15x12SEF coin when relic hunting,but 90% of the time i use the NEL Sharpshooter coil which is much sharper on small targets.I dig all signals over 40 and if a signal bounces say between 50-70 it is almost certain iron as well.

These are of course only my personal opinions,and how i use the T2 over here in the UK,i guess our metal detecting may vary from your conditions due to our rich history and wider spectrum of finds,

Happy Hunting

Wow. Thanks for the detailed in depth answer and recommendations I will certainly give it a try an report my findings

Thanks for taking the time to help me out