Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2se and mars tiger coil first impressions and find

coenwolf

well i got my mars tiger coil from a friend yesterday as he's selling his machine ,so got a super deal on a 4 week old coil . first impressions are its extremely well built ,doesn't need a coil cover and feels robust when on .

i managed a hour between showers with the combo today ,on fresh cut wheat stubble a few inches high ,the machine ground balanced as normal and right away i could tell it was running more stable ,a lot of the cracks ,fizzle and pop noises are reduced to low levels till you turn the sensitivity right up high 90+ ,the good targets are coming though with a nice high tone to .its far to early to make any claims of increased depth but i was certainly pulling up some small buttons after about half a hour i got a lovely little ping and dug out a clod thinking it was another small button and up popped a lovely queen elizabeth 1st hammered three farthings coil ,this is extremely tiny and thin and is a total confidence builder in both machine and coil and is the 5th silver coin in 6 trips .
for the benefit of our american cousins its a half a inch diameter and wafer thin .dated to circa 1582 a.d

Blimey Jeff,for a Lizzy that is in reasonable good nick mate as usually the face is rubbed away,as i understand it these Mars coil are gathering alot of traction of late and also they are pretty light for the size,i use a SEF coil of about the same size and like yourself i am finding they are much more stable than the stock coil.Very tempted to get one of these Mars coil,they just had a shipment in last week i understand.

How deep was the Lizzy ???

Haven't seen any distributors in the US yet. Is this coil better than the NEL of similar size? I am seriously considering the NEL sharpshooter but the Mars sniper looks just as good.

rik it was approx 5 inches down ,chuffed is the word i think

i can't comment on the nel coils as i have not used one ,but i can state exactly as i find and i can also re-iterate i have been detecting for 40 odd years ,i had one of the first (i think it was the second ) T2 in the u.k followed by a later model ,i also ran the u.k t2 site for a couple of years so i think ?? i know what i'm talking about with regards to these machines .i have no axe to grind i don't sell or deal in detectors so comments are unbiased and truthful .

we do have a u.k dealer for mars coils http://www.uneartheduk.co.uk worth a look as he might send stateside .

the other thing i forgot to mention is the tiger coil is quite a bit lighter than the stock coil and appears to have military grade lead and connectors ,very impressed am i

Thanks for your opinion and info. Both coils are closely priced except shipping from across the pond would add greatly to the cost of the Mars.Hopefully a distributor will emerge here in the states for Mars. It is always nice to have options.

always worth dropping him a e/mail at unearthed ,postage TO the the states often works out cheap compared to postage within europe itself ,yet postage from the states to here is unreal

quick update on the coin its actually a queen elizabeth 1st penny 6th issue mint mark hand which makes it struck between 1590-1592

sound and look like nice coils why are they so hard to get hold of ?? I am done with NEL they forgot where they come from and who made them forget so wont be buying anymore of there coils.

so looking for a MARS snipper for a Tesoro or Fisher F19.

AJ

apparently they don't as yet have a distributor in the u.s.a . to say that i'm extremely impressed with mine would be a understatement ,its light ,sensitive calms the t2 down and does the job three short trips out so far with it and two hammered coins a medieval spur rowel ,plus other buttons ,coins and bitzas and thats working on top of fresh cut corn stubble between 3 to 6 inches high with little chance of getting to ground level .got a all day hunt tomorrow on better fields so we will see .
i am hoping to see the u.k distributor next week and see if he knows anything .

I am in Australia so either UK or US based distributor is fine but after the snipper coil for my needs on Tesoro or F19 .so any leads greatly appreciated.

well done on those old hammered coins :bouncy: I could only dream of finding something like that my oldest of late a 1850's bun penny which is old for here and like most good spots here they have all be covered in buildings or car parks :sadwalk: but still some around, but my main hunting is jewellery and that's why the snipper appeals .

so its sure fun to see that old stuff well done!!

AJ

I contacted Unearthed UK and was told it would not be cost effective for me to order from them due to shipping costs to the United States. Hard to tell how long before we see a distributor emerge here. What a bummer!

oh well it was worth a try ,have you not got any friends visiting over here or relations ,know any service personnel at lakenheath air base etc ..why not e/m MARS.M.D direct they have a good online website and a good grasp of written english

For now, the NEL sharpshooter looks to be my best affordable option but thank you for the suggestions.:thumbup:

funny how it was cost effective to send convicts 200 years ago but not today :rofl: something's not right with this picture :blowup:

there is someone on ebay seling some of there coils maybe try there I might have a go when I get the time.

AJ

ramairnut said:
For now, the NEL sharpshooter looks to be my best affordable option but thank you for the suggestions.:thumbup:

Must admit i don't think you will be disappointed in the Sharpshooter coil,infact i keep mine on the T2 95% of the time as i find its that good.

The MARS coil will have to wait. I ordered the sharpshooter just a few minutes ago from JMT detectors. Got a great deal and talked to John on the phone, great guy who likes to help promote this great hobby that we all love.

just to keep this thread alive if anyone knows where to get the 10 x 6 coil for a Tesoro or F19 yell out :biggrin:

thanks!!

AJ