Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T4 modification

nugget

I hope this is helpful for other detectorists who also suffer chronic pain. I removed the arm rest, stand, and control housing. I then replaced the control housing in the under the cuff position using the holes already drilled and the original screws. The detector stand I then siliconed onto the box, this will allow for easy removal if needed without damaging the box. I use the 10" magnum coil, mine has the grey cable, and I'm not sure if the other coil cables will fit. I know the units are light anyway, mounting them like this makes the weight bearable for longer. I hope this helps someone, cheers Nugget.

Gudday Nugget,
I often think of doing just that or a straight shaft and hip mount it, but I think it is light enough for me at the moment.
Good idea though
Cheers and HH
aushunter:ausflag::minelab::bounty:

I don't get it. I have gone swinging for 3-4 hours at a time and never experienced any discomfort. Maybe the Elite 2200 weighs less or is configured different;y than other machines.

Mark
Elite 2200
WA St.

I suffer a degenerative spinal condition which causes chronic pain in the neck and spine, and my right shoulder. If you had to live with the amount of pain I have to go through, you'd soon get it. Plus the fact I used to swung 10 to 14 hrs on beaches, 8 hrs or more in parks, and nowdays it's 6 to 8 hrs, 5 days a week on the goldfields. If my machines were'nt modified I would have to stop detecting altogether. That would be even more painful for me. Nugget.

G'day Nugget.
I know exactly what you are talking about. I damaged 3 discs in my neck 4 years ago and remember trying to swing my Tracker 4 when I had. Found it almost impossible to hang onto. For a while there, I couldn't even hold it, so any mod like that makes life a lot easier. Something that I started to do from that point, was swap hands every few minutes. I still do that today and it makes a huge difference. things have improved a fair bit now, but the underlying condition is still there so I do my best to reduce fatigue causing set ups on detectors.
Doing what you've done with the T4 is a great idea.:thumbup: Having the control box up on the shaft as it is is poor ergonomics.
Mick Evans.
P.S. I was tempted to by another T4 recently. Resisted to temptation though.:angel:

On both my T-IV & My 505 I attached a split Keyring at the balance point using a hose clamp. I made a harness from a GymBag shoulder strap by clipping the keepers together. It goes over my head & Rt shoulder. Then I tied a Bungie cord to the keepers with a snap hook on the far end to clip on the ring. With the length adjusted I can swing the coil just at ground level using my wrist while ALL the weight is on the strap. It has enough stretch to push out a bit more when I need to but holds it just right for an arced swing...
I am able to go longer with this rig in place & just a clip to remove it when I want...