Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tag Heuer Watch:wiggle:

EL Pulltabio

After nearly eight years I finally found an expensive Swiss made watch in the surf.
The wrist band is broken and the watch itself isn't running. Probably just needs a battery.
Looked the watch up on the net and its been replaced with an uglier model for $1,300.
Since there is a serial number I plan to call the manufacturer's U S customer service number in the morning
in the hope that they can track down the owner.
If that doesn't workout, I'd consider trading it for a used Sovereign GT on this site someday:thumbup:

I found a lovely tissot chronograph watch a while back that was worth quite a bit of money.Unfortunately even though it looked in perfect condition,water had leaked through the rubber seal on the winder.....i suspect you may find that with the tag.
Salt water quickly eats through rubber seals so they don't have to be in the water long to get damaged.

This watch has a screw down winding stem like a Rolex. It's probably fine inside. Although it listed for $1300 new, it would probably bring around $500 on eNay.

Nice quartz watch, I have one just like it.

Just got off the phone with the customer service lady.
She ran the serial number every which way w/o result.
She stated that the watch is an oldie and might have been
priced at $600. when new.
I guess that means I can wear it with a clear conscience

Make sure you have the stem all the way in.... if not you will flood it. How do i know ..... dont ask.

dew

Nauti Neil said:
Did you put a battery in it.......does it work?

After talking to customer service and not finding a registered
owner, I took it to a jewelers who fixed the watch band and put
a new battery in it. It worked for perfectly for 10 hours and started
counting seconds every three seconds.
Is it possible that the jeweler's son put a wrong sized battery in it?
Just wondering if it's worth getting fixed.
I saw where somebody in Japan had a used one for sale on eBay for $300.
Funny thing, too....I started this hobby nearly eight years ago and the first watch I found
was a Casio. To this day that watch works perfectly.
Go figure.

That's weird,watches like that normally only start counting every 3 seconds as a warning that the battery is low......maybe he has accidently put a depleted battery in it.If it worked ok for ten hours I would say it is ok.....take it back to the jewellers and ask for another battery.If it is faulty,i think you will find it hard to get it fixed for a reasonable price,it probably won't be worth it.

Yeah, thats wierd...quartz has its own resolution and all...:shrug: Shouldnt have anything to do with the battery one would think, but key words being the Jewelers "son"..let us know...
Mud .

Oh man I hope that your watch is ok, it is a great find, I've only ever found 1 watch, like you, a cheap Casio type military watch, it is still going now at least 6 years since I found it! Let us know if it was just as mud said, the 'jewellers son' or a dud battery. Fingers crossed.....