Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

taking Excal to aruba

A

Anonymous

I'm going to aruba next saturday, how do you pack your detector. can you just put it in the suitcase or do i need a case.

To some degree it depends on the detector.
When I take my Sov and/or my Excal I disassemble them down as far as I can.
I wrap the electronics portion in towels and clothing and pack them in the middle of the suitcase.
The staff broken down into parts won't break so I put them in the bottom of the case.

Not sure about your luck but if something can go wrong on a trip with me it will.
I find the best way to transport detectors is to put the eletronics in your carry-on bag and pack the rest. I'd hate to get to Aruba only to find the case was cracked from baggage handlers or that the pressure changes popped a seal (which has happened). Headphones / case / coil can be carried on easily with the space allowed.
Whenever I travel I do this after two bad trips back to back where at least one machine I had with me was damaged.
Andy Sabisch

Hi SEG:
Jane and I take our detectors back and forth to Thailand a couple of times a year. We have found it best to pack the control unit in a backpack and take it as carry-on. Thai customs has asked us many times what it is that we are bringing into the country, so to save a lot of explaination, I carry a couple of photographs of us hunting the beach. Works like a champ.
Jane's Fisher Impulse came in a Samsonite carrying case that looks like a rifle case, and that held us up at U.S. Customs at SFO for about an hour. We now pack it in a soft bag with wheels, and have had no problems. Of course, I also carry copies of all receipts, to prove origin of purchase. When you leave the U.S. you can stop by customs, and they will verify serial numbers and stuff and give you a signed form, so you can bring it back into the country, and also show foreign customs.
Just a few tips, enjoy your trip.
fod:)