Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Taking it to the sky - Birds eye view - Finding places to hunt

Danbythecreek

What a great way to scout a place to hunt. I know most of you are hard core detectorists and it's nothing new. BUT those that hasn't tried? You're missing a great tool in the box. Someone like me who concentrates solely on 1 particular creek that moves & slithers like a slippery snake in & out of private properties, hard to get to places & just all over the damn place. it's extremely valuable!. Tonight I took it to the sky and found spots I didn't know exist & roads I never thought to take. So basically YEAH I'm excited!!! as me & the nox right before sunrise will be heading to this spot
Screenshot_1.png
o a new place

Cool. Where I hunt the terrain is rough and varied. Just over a ridge could be a homesite and you’d never know. I’d love to have a drone to do quick aerial surveys but sounds hard to me. Can you tell me what you are using?

Cool. Where I hunt the terrain is rough and varied. Just over a ridge could be a homesite and you’d never know. I’d love to have a drone to do quick aerial surveys but sounds hard to me. Can you tell me what you are using?

I use microsoft's bing maps.. 1st I start off with a starting point. like a road & crossroad or even an address if I have one.. type it in to the search then you will get a map & 1 or more pictures. if more than 1 pic use the one that's ideal for you then click on it then you'll see on the right a small pic that says bird eye view. Click on that & presto! you're a human drone! have pen & paper nearby and look for roads & crossroads and write em down when You see an area you might want to hunt. You don't get addresses using the bird eye view, just roads. When you find a location, type in the nearest crossroads and cllick on the pic or the map for street view and BAM lol you're a car & then just follow the arrows til you get there, Whats nice is the 360 range you can zoom. helps you see what's on the ground

Damn it got hot & fast!!! Heat & hard ground not a good mix. Pieces of metal that be giving solid repeated signals all directions that of silver dimes & quarters but I came away happy. 1935 shredded up ben gay tube 🤪 . lol this is going to be a good area though,. Lots Of old houses in area, It's Just going to take some tough digging & cleaning
IMG_20210731_105051.jpg

Good luck at that new site. It's been pretty hot there. I'm to the west of you about 25 miles from the coast as the crow flys. There is a hunter about an hour or so to the south of you that is heavy into drones. He use to post here but doesn't anymore. Show what you find.