Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Taking my sand scoop with me internationally - Help

nolanation

Hi All,

I will be traveling (Honeymoon) to Jamaica for a week and will be bringing my detector and long handle sand scoop. The detector I will carry on, but the scoop I am unsure how to bring that. How do you go about doing that? I will be flying US Airways. I have a TREX scoop, with a long wooden handle I would like to bring. Thanks for any help.

You can put it in a bag and check it. Or you can save some money and make a two piece handle that fits in your checked bag. Only options I know of.

My thought is that there might be a wooden handle available for purchase near your destination. That way you would only have to pack the scoop in one of you bags. Purchasing a handle at destination might be cheaper than paying an airline their exorbitant baggage fees.

I wonder how much it would cost to UPS or FEDEX your scoop, luggage and gear right to the hotel? Cant be any more than Airline baggage charges? Then its all waiting for you when you get there? Anybody ever do this?:shrug: Congratulations on your wedding!:clapping:
Mud

Taking a metal detector on your honeymoon?? I would have thought there would be better things to do:cheekkiss::inlove::blush:..........BTW..I think I would have taken mine too!!!! Congrats and have fun!

Have a travel scoop(2-piece) just for air travel......maybe can buy a shovel handle or something there....gl and hh!!

You've just developed a terrible limp and only the cruelest of flight attendants would deprive a poor old man of his walking stick! At your destination the limp miraculously goes away so you decide to re-purpose your cane to be the handle of sand scoop. Funny how things work out!

:rofl:

-pete

Haha great suggestions guys! The soon to be wifey actually enjoys walking with me and participating. Otherwise, it would be left at home lol. I will look into shipping and maybe a 2 piece handle. I would love to take it as is, but sounds like that will be expensive.

Goldstrike said:
Taking a metal detector on your honeymoon?? I would have thought there would be better things to do:cheekkiss::inlove::blush:..........BTW..I think I would have taken mine too!!!! Congrats and have fun!

:clapping: