Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Targets...

richbat

Was out today for about 3 hours,windy as all get out but still had somewhat of a decent day.Well anyhow the place i was at only allows use of a screwdriver to recover targets i also use a brass probe and my boys Fisher pinpointer,anyways i couldn't seem to locate the dang targets for crap today even had to call off the search on a few,don't know what was going on never had this much trouble finding the target.Thing that bugs me the most is the ones i called it quits on,just started getting so darn mad at myself for not finding them.I enjoy the popping of coins but for some reason i must be doing something wrong as far as today goes.

i dont know how low you run your discrimination but when i hunt in the park with a screw driver i sometimes have the same experience which usually turns out to be foil which offers no resistance -the screwdriver goes right thru it....or small pieces of can slaw can be very hard to pinpoint...

Mostly run my Compadre just a little below the "L" in Foil.You could be right though maybe some little piece of trash giving off a good signal,just makes me wonder if it could have been something else though.Do need to get my popping skills honed a little better though been putting alot of the found targets into the sidewall from not prying them straight up enough.

I had trouble stabbing yesterday as well and just wrote if off to solar flares. Usually I can hit a target on the first few attempts, not yesterday, I walked away from one nickel signal after repeated stabbing and scanning from three different directions...then walked back and got it by reaming a hole out large enough to stick that Fpoint down under the grass roots and finally hitting it...
Mud