Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tarsacci metal detector

denny45

Anyone use a tarsacci metal detector for the beach? It’s been out for a few months. A buddy of mine uses one and said goes deep like a pi detector.

I was just going to post the same message
I would love to hear from people who are using them on the beach
Good points and bad points

denny45, I tried to p m you some info, but apparently you don't have enough posts to yet receive p m's. Another forum has some excellent Tarsacci info. In a nut shell, there is a learning curve with it, not the cheapest water detector on the market. does go very deep, hits small gold (at good depth) very good and hits high k gold strong. HH jim tn

I use the MDT....... had it now 8 mos. Ive dug some rings ive had to straddle the hole it was so deep.... and they werent on the side of the hole. Its single freq (6.5, 9, 12, and 18khz) it has both a GB and a SALT BALANCE. Anyone who know an AquaSound knows what salt balance can do. Ive tested it and the Nox.......rarely has anyone taken a 3 gram 10K gold band INTO the water chest deep to test. You see it in the wet sand. We did both. The Nox will get that ring at around 12".... the MDT 14" in the wet sand near the surf. IN the water the Nox looses about 2"..... the MDT looses nothing. They do require a learning curve if you are a TID screen watcher...... im not. In AM they sound just like an Xcal in PP mode..... but have little to no swoooosh noise when running 9khz. Coils are 11" X 8 1/2". The machine is extremely light..... like a deus. Made out of a CF looking material..... 3 piece with a back pack to put it in. Thickness of the shaft is between the Nox and CTX. UPDATED locks..... no twisty type. Smaller Tesoro like box. It has a black sand setting, threshold (which is more of a gain for targets), sensitivity to 9, PP.... which you have to hold down, all push button and has a back light that works well. Screens easy to see in daylight. Really is a KISS design. Batteries are 5000s you can get anywhere and it uses 1. I hunt 7 or 8 hours and its still 3/4 full. Headphones are good, but i use Tony Eisenhowers. It has 4 tones...... or should i say PING/PONGS. You can size a target easily..... but the tones are set in AM the same. You start digging and say ..... wow what a loud tone for such a deep target.... no whispers. I have been impressed with my finds ..... especially on heavy gold and high K. Im assuming recent drop gold has been picked up and this gold is deeper and being missed. Im way ahead of my Nox totals from last year...... which were great i thought. I tested nearly 200 pieces of various gold and there were only two pieces the Nox got better depth on..... really really tiny cross and a hollow OPEN gold earring. The guy designed this machine to be a gold RING machines because most people didnt like digging tiny stuff. make no mistake thou this thing likes tiny too...... but it appears as thou it works by density as wall so those small tiny pieces of foil the Nox gets .... it dont unless you fold it over. It will find chains as well. The one i got recently had NO clasps and has some pretty small links. Dimitar does have a website and i believe a facebook page. 2 to 4" to me is pretty significant....... so i paid the price....little over $1500. Ive got NO DOG in this fight i just like the machine and havent put it down..... neither has the other guys i know. Not many of the people that have them for beach hunting are talking much..... so they are a pretty good secret right now. The designer, Demitar (and his family are all involved..... physics educated, USC professors, from Bulgaria) used to work for Fisher and designed the CoinStrike. This machine is a hybread...... not a VLF or PI.

I was one of the test mule for the MDT 8000 Tarsacci before it came to market, I have been using it on the Central Coast of Calif, Pismo Beach for about 11 months.
Here are a few pic of mine...Yea, I bought one after much testing(I DID NOT GET ONE FREE).
The Taracci has a very steep learning curve IMO, I would never give one to a newbie...they would never take up the hobby after trying to tune, and yes that is what you have to do...tune it there is nothing "automatic" about the Tarsacci, but once you have it set for your conditions it is one hell of a deep machine on the beach, the only place I have used it.

Dimitar, the designer and builder lives about 100 miles from me so I had hands on instructions with him and his lovely wife on my beach for several hours on different days and boy did that help me learn how to tune and get me started learning the great possibility of this machine. I've had over 10 very successful years with the Excall and had just moved to the Nox and was really happy with the way it was preforming. When the chance to be part of testing of the Tarsacci came along I jumped at it.
I'm not going to post a lot of hyperbole on how deep or how it even works as it is something completely different than a PI or VLF machine, I'll leave that to the experts.
One more thing, it is water proof.
image38032.jpg

Mix mode (the black band seen on left side of the screen is a NOX screen shield I cut to fit the MDT 8000 screen as it comes only with the thin peel off screen cover new electronics come with,)
image38035.jpg

The shaft lock is one of the best I have ever seen.
image38036.jpg

Easy replaceable battery, runs on one... cheap on FleaBay and I get over 25 hrs run time in 9khz also comes with two batteries.
image38034.jpg

Bottom of epoxy filled coil that comes with a tight coil cover, but I run without the cover. This pic shows how tough the epoxy is with over 6 months with cover off and 4 to 6 hr days 5 days a week on the beach,
http://www.californiavtxriders.com/phpBB3/gallery/image38037.jpg?sid=576900a425661557039e4b6686b08d8f

all carbon fiber and something hard to find in metal detectors today is the fact this machine is made in the good old USA!
image38038.jpg

I never got mine free either. I had the learning curve but figured it out quickly here in Fl. Very few if any were neck deep with this machine so the rules for using it changed from wet sand even waist deep when it came to what salt balance and freq could best be used. These guys that have them are quiet about it for beach hunting.... why because the are deep. I had the privilege of meeting Demitar and his lovely wife as well this week. He is constantly thinking of ways to improve this machine....and he listens. I planned badly so didn’t get the time I wanted to get him in the water to swap info. Im seeing a lot more using it for relic hunting now too. Like he said once you get it tuned to your area you are off and running not a lot of tinkering.

The box is rated IP67 i believe, but the phones come with a pigtail much like those on the Nox, you would need to swap them out like i did if you spent much time in the water. Some of the guys that have the Nox as well are now using a transmitter and the WM08 to go wireless for their relic and dirt hunts. I assume since its blue tooth that it might just work with a good many machines. Yes this is more than a beach machines too. We are finding some pretty heavy gold..... i have to assume some of this is just out of range that other machines missed. Buddy go a 20+ gram PT 950 yesterday easily over 10" down in the water in hard packed sand.

It has a GB........ BUT it has a unique SALT BALANCE .... AND black sand setting. The AquaSound is the only other machine that ive used that has a SALT BALANCE. The AS is a deep machine at 14khz as well...... but you it black sand and its a depth killer..... the MDT seems to handle it pretty well.

Denny i have posted finds on both my FB page and another site as has another friend of my here in Fl. I have no idea why those who have them want to keep this such a secret........ unless they know what i know ..... its just a raw power machine for my beach hunting. Like i said ...... i have no dog in the game and i PAID for mine just like everyone else. IT also paid for its self in about 3 months in gold finds. I have no idea how well it works for dirt hunting........thats just not my thing any more. But from reading and seeing some finds it seems to do well. In Fl this machine will compete with even a PI. Ill post a couple of my pictures..... there were found with this machines.

dewcon4414 said:
Denny i have posted finds on both my FB page and another site as has another friend of my here in Fl. I have no idea why those who have them want to keep this such a secret........ unless they know what i know ..... its just a raw power machine for my beach hunting. Like i said ...... i have no dog in the game and i PAID for mine just like everyone else. IT also paid for its self in about 3 months in gold finds. I have no idea how well it works for dirt hunting........thats just not my thing any more. But from reading and seeing some finds it seems to do well. In Fl this machine will compete with even a PI. Ill post a couple of my pictures..... there were found with this machines.
Nice going on the gold! Hope to see others post.

El said:
Paul should be able to demonstrate his unit for you in both fresh and salt beaches.
Hi El,
Paul has demonstrated the machine to me and how well it works in iron but hasn’t had the time to use the tarsacci in our fresh water rivers or the coast.

Oddly a very powerful machine that requires a bit more coil control....... but few who have them wants to talk about. Might be a reason why.

OK, so I go to their site, follow the links and it wont tell me the price. Apparently I have to apply with my info to get the price. Is it going to be an exclusive club or is this part of a Not Everyone Can Have One marketing plan, or we don't have many at the moment, or what?
Anyone care to share the approximate cost of one of these things?

I don't have one, but some quick searches found that a couple of posts are out there saying it was right around or just a little over $1500. Of course, prices might change ... who knows for sure without filling out the inquiry form.

Wandering Karl said:
OK, so I go to their site, follow the links and it wont tell me the price. Apparently I have to apply with my info to get the price. Is it going to be an exclusive club or is this part of a Not Everyone Can Have One marketing plan, or we don't have many at the moment, or what?
Anyone care to share the approximate cost of one of these things?
Nasa-Tom of Dankowskidetectors.com sells them $1539 taxes and shipping included. Email him.

Thanks folks. I am always suspicious of companies that don't tell you everything upfront. They tend to hide things for a reason ime.
Toms a good guy by all accounts tho so that speaks well of them.

Not sure Tom is in the selling machine business. You are better off talking to the designer Demitar who has that web site. Denny is right on the price. Im lucky enough to know Tom so i got mine from him personally. And yes, he is an exceptionally nice guys very into detecting. Demitar used to work for Fisher before they moved to TX. He did the coinstrike for them. I dont think hes trying to hide anything........ hes just not a marketing guy lol. Thats kind of how Tom got involved helping him get the word out about this unique ........ not a VLF..... not a PI machine. I dont know why ...... but people that have them are sure trying to keep um a secret. Tom initially did .... limit who he was selling to. I believe he wanted to see how some of the experienced guys felt about them and the learning curve. Its different..... BUT i bought mine about 9 mos ago and have only picked up the Nox or another machine about 3 or 4 times. Tom guess we were using the MDT 70% of the time...... he was wrong. Is it perfect no...... but it does find gold. Me and a hunting buddy have laughed about being out there digging a target that we end up straddling the hole lol. To a new guy the digits will seem a little jumpy....... but it really reacts to the various metals. It seems to ID pretty deep.... but will upscale trash...... thats a good thing. Its well out of the gold range when deeper. So far ive done better with this machine than even the Nox. 7 chains with the Nox last year ....... 6 so far with the MDT..... and one really impressed me it found it. Demitar has really designed a VERY good machine all CF and he makes his own coils. Hes not trying to keep these machines a secret.........seems WE are lol.