Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TDI Pro - Gold On The Beach

I ran my TDI Pro on the beach last weekend in "Low Conductor" mode around some popular fire rings after the 4th of July. It ignored all of the nails, coins, tent stakes, and other trashy items, but it hit hard on a nice pair of earrings! They are 18K white gold with princess cut diamonds. Was surprised to find both of them within a couple feet of each other, especially in such a nail-infested area.

That is a sweet find!

Noce work by smart use of the TDI's unique capability to select either high or low conductors and leave the rest!

There is a French engineer who has further developed the basic Eric Foster technology whichnis in the TDI over the last 10 years. His name is Alexandre Tartar and the prototypes he built are called Manta or Aquamanra. He was recently hired by Fisher and will be developing new PI machines with them. Here's a video - all in French, but yiumcan see it do all metal, multitone iron ID, iron elimination and "seeing through" iron and black ferrous sand to detect a gold ring.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G8sdp4RG73g&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for the YouTube link Rick!

Yeah, having the ability to select conductivity with the TDI Pro is an advantage in narrowing down the search for gold targets - especially in trashy iron or heavy black sand areas. Low conductivity hunts are very interesting - I find lots of nickels, stainless steel, aluminum (pull tabs, foil, can scraps), lead (sinkers, solder), brass, tiny bits of steel (hair pins, wire twist ties, staples), and gold every once in awhile.

Being able to hunt around large iron/steel targets helps a lot too (fence posts, playground equipment, etc.). I usually run it in low pulse delay too - always looking for the small clasps on gold chains - sometimes I get lucky and find a chain or bracelet.

Richard
San Diego

Like I said - good work!

There is still room for Eric Foster's basic notions - which led to the TDI to be further developed into the ultimate beach machine.