Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TDI pro or gpx 4500

artd

I need help deciding which to get. Emi around PowerLines which can handle better, looking for relics,coins and jewelry,beach. Prospecting last on list. Thanks

There is a lot of price difference between the two machines and if you are'nt bothered about prospecting the tdi may be the better choice.The new 4500 has been made more stable I believe and I think it has a coin and relic mode,but from what i've read it is'nt that good.
For what difference you will get in performance on rings etc,i'd save some money and get the tdi.

I have never used a GPX 4500, but I have used a TDI Pro with a 14 inch anti-interference Coiltek coil in high EMI areas (directly under power lines) with stable performance. Having the Reg mod done to the TDI may further increase EMI stability.

HH

Charles

I have used the 4500 and now have a 4800. I also have a TDI Pro that has only been used a couple times. I sent it to one of Reg's guy's to have the Mod done and it is very smooth under or near High Voltage power lines. I can't get near them with the 4800. So for what you are asking the TDI platform would be better.

I agree with Jim Robertson. I have a TDI-SL and I can use it in the city with few problems.

The TDI Pro, running it as a straight PI (no GB) is the deepest, wet salt sand, water detector I have ever used..... and I have used them all .......from all The manufacturers..... also... The Pro is very good on small targets.... having the best sand scoop with The TDI Pro is a Must have accessory . :thumbup:

I am trying to decide between the TD Pro n SL. I know the difference is around $400. How much difference in performance? Thanks

SL gets the same depth as the Dual field .... they both go deep.....The Pro becomes lethal on the whisper signals, you will be digging fox holes, recovering your targets.

I heard in another forum that Whites discounted the Pro?.... just dealer stock available. Sad to here this.