Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TDI SL scores a nice one.

Digger Bob

The TDI SL scores again! This time, it's a really nice one.

Here's the story. Working a hydraulic pit in the Sierras, I was working slowly up along a stacked pile of tailings. It was a narrow, flat "trail" where in the old days, they had placed either the sluice or the hydraulic pipes. It was a flat area of decomposed bedrock, filled in with rubble to make it smooth. Right at the edge of the rock pile, I got a very weak "woo" signal. It took a bit to break up and get down into the decomposing bedrock. The signal remained weak, since the hole was small and I could barely get the point of the loop into the hole. Once the target was out, it was a booming signal.

Now, the reason why such a big nugget gave such a weak response is simple; it was on edge, wedged into the bedrock sideways. It was only about 6 inches deep and I couldn't get enough room to sweep from all sides. But, I heard it and dug it as you must do with all weak signals. Especially in an area like this. The conditions were ideal; bedrock, old tailings, mild ground. I was using the 10x6 Jimmy loop with the settings at the standard for nugget hunting. Wt of the nugget; 5.6 dwt.

Also is a picture of the two largest nuggets I've found with this machine in the last month.

Digger Bob

I'm amazed at the lack of info/stories/articles on the TDI?? Been out for years and relatively scarce action on the pulse?? Seemed to work ok but not enough for me to change to it but never the less?? Thanx as those are the first nuggets I've seen detected with the TDI,but at that size anything could find. Wish you were closer to do a test between the TLST/GB2/TDI-John

I too seem to be the only one reporting finds and I KNOW I'm not the only one finding gold with it. I have posted pics of some of them over the last year or so, including how small a nugget can be found with it. Let's see if I can get it to post again.

Digger Bob

Here's a few more from a couple years ago.
The first set from drainage in the lower Sierras near the Yuba River
Then the rough ones are from Nevada. 2 of those shown were TDI nuggets.