Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TDI SL vs Dual Field

SWMO Mark

Is there any difference in depth between the TDI SL and the Dual Field on a saltwater beach. This is with both detectors using the 12" coil and non-ground balance and the same Us settings. Thanks , Mark

I didn't notice any difference in depth between the two. I sold the TDI and kept the Dual Field because I was more comfortable hunting near and in the water with it, and I hip mounted the dual field control box making it easier to swing for longer periods.

Hello,

I own both: a waterproofed, TDI SL and the dual field.

There is no way to really compare the two in waist to neck deep seawater but the thing I noticed is that the number of targets out of reach of my scoop has increased using the TDI SL.
A lot of times I found myself digging too deep targets that I had to abandon . Its' not the same with my DF.

The SL is quieter and reduces mental stress while searching and , for sure, it locates even the smallest piece of metal.

Get ready to dig since both love iron a lot!

Hello EL,

I'm really sorry but I won't disclose how I did it since I proposed to discuss/evaluate the solution to Whites but they did not show any interest in it.

At present I don't know if they are just not interested or if this thing interfers with some other project they might be working on.

Since I'm in very good relationship with Whites for the great help they gave me in selling the spare parts I needed for the project, I don't want to risk to upset them, so , unless an explicit authorization arrives from them, I'll not reveal any detail.

All I can say is that You can make a deep search in the web because the info is somewhere around.

Pardon me

Luca

Ive done the same with water proofing a Pi and BBS technology using Whites cases and components, at the time whites had other interest.

I may attemp to waterproof a TDI soon, using same like components as before but a little craftier.

Congratulations with waterproofing yours.

Paul

Thanks el,

I have the parts to modify one TDI, but these are used parts and i would prefer to use new cases and new components.

So, ill have to see what i csn gather up before attempting to go forward. It'll look factory too, as if it came off Whites assembly line.

Thanks El,
Paul

Hello,

I did not notice any battery heat buildup in the case.

However, I noticed little moisture formation inside the case, despite silica gel bags, in particular when I work with half the case in the water and half out, expecially when air temp is very different from water temp.

I believe that it is due to the fact that I did assembly the detector in my house during winter, not paying attention to air humidity.

I'm about to service the machine and this time I'll do it in a moisture controlled ambient and use an appropriate amount of silica gel .

Luca

lucar said:
Hello EL,

I'm really sorry but I won't disclose how I did it since I proposed to discuss/evaluate the solution to Whites but they did not show any interest in it.

At present I don't know if they are just not interested or if this thing interfers with some other project they might be working on.

Since I'm in very good relationship with Whites for the great help they gave me in selling the spare parts I needed for the project, I don't want to risk to upset them, so , unless an explicit authorization arrives from them, I'll not reveal any detail.

All I can say is that You can make a deep search in the web because the info is somewhere around.

Pardon me

Luca

Unless Whites has a new super PI machine coming I cannot understand the scorn they have heaped on the TDI line,unless the TDI was designed by someone who is Now Persona Non Grata at Whites. Maybe the Social Media Guy can comment on this.

doc holiday232 said:
Unless Whites has a new super PI machine coming I cannot understand the scorn they have heaped on the TDI line,unless the TDI was designed by someone who is Now Persona Non Grata at Whites. Maybe the Social Media Guy can comment on this.

It is against company policy to discuss current projects with people who have not signed an NDA.

As far as the TDI line, there are improvements that could be made, but it is "old tech" and has less room for increased performance than "new tech." That's all I can say about it.

tboykin said:
doc holiday232 said:

It is against company policy to discuss current projects with people who have not signed an NDA.

As far as the TDI line, there are improvements that could be made, but it is "old tech" and has less room for increased performance than "new tech." That's all I can say about it.

Thanks for commenting and hopefully we will see some of that "new tech" soon.

tboykin said:
doc holiday232 said:

The price doesn't reflect old technology it's quite the opposite