Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

technetics 2000 vs BH Platinum

I want to say HI to everyone I have been absent for 10 or 12 years.
I have just ordered the BH Platinum and I am looking forward to using it.Will be awhile before I can use it but I will report my experiance with it when I do.
Fred

Welcome back,
From the outside the control box on BH Platinum is exactly like the Teknetics Gamma 6000.
I don

I have the BH platinum with the stock 8 inch round coil --- i will say its the best bargain out for 300 bucks ( sold by a very reputable dealer in the New England area) super target separation -- much faster than my Garrett 1250 -- and its just as deep------for coin hunting - i would not spend a couple of hundred bucks for the Gamma or Omega --for that matter -just minor software differences -i dont think there is much performance difference -just an expanded iron range --which is good for relics ---====-----even though not much is said --- the Platinum has the very comfortable rod that the Omega, F75 ant T2 has ---i can understand the cheaper S rod on lower cost BH/Teknetics models but the F5 and F70 are higher end models and still come with the cheaper S rod

Here is what the manual says about ground balance of the Bounty Hunter Platinum.

Your PLATINUM metal detector is designed with these things in mind.
1. Ground Minerals
All soils contain minerals. Signals from ground minerals can interfere
with the signals from metal objects you want to find. All soils differ,
and can differ greatly, in the type and amount of ground minerals
present. You therefore want to

I would go with the BH Platinum . :twodetecting:

I have had a BH platinum for a year now, and I love it. I upgraded to the DD coil designed for the Fisher F5 (with push in plug) and that made a good machine even better. I go out with people that have much more expensive machines than mine, and they used to pick on my "toy detector" , but the performance of the detector has shut them all up. And mine weighs about half of there expensive rigs. I highly recommend the Platinum..
ron c

Hi, new to this forum. I ordered a BH Platinum last August from an excellent company, Detector Electronics in Mass via Ebay. I couldn't be happier. It detects well on the land and sandy beaches here in Pinellas Florida. The Platinum seems similar to the Teknetics Gamma but costs a lot less.

I have been detecting off and on since 1975. Started with an old White's in the Manassas, Va area. I eventually traded the White's on an early BH that was great at finding coins. I also currently own a White's XLT and a BH Sharp Shooter II. The BH's perform equal or better than the XLT for a lot less money. I especially like the large display on the Platinum. Needless to say, I highly recommend the BH Platinum.