Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Technetics 8000/8500 ….. what are the differences ?? Any experts info will help.

Tony-Ok

Wondering what the differences where in the 8000 and 8500 . Is one better than the other?? Hopefully someone has experience with both detectors. Thanks in advance!!!!! Tony

Tony, I have both. The 8500 has the ability to adjust the sound volume in every different notch category, not just iron volume. You can notch out or silence any category including dime and quarter. It has a fast mode and 3 others with different filters. These modes, to me, seem like they affect the all metal mode associated with it. The fast mode seems like is a quicker retune, etc. It offers another 4 tone mode which does not modulate the sound from shallow to deep. You can set an automatic offset in the ground balance. The threshold and sensitivity controls are independent of each other. You can press and hold the menu button to switch quickly from disc mode to all metal. Release and you are back to disc mode again. Also if the detector is not sure which notch category the target is in, it will give a black indicator above the most likely category and a gray indicator over the less likely ones. Some think the 8500 is deeper, I really can't tell. Oh, almost forgot, the 8500 has a backlight which I have never used.

Some people complain that the sound is "clipped" more in the 8500. The tone is definitely shorter in the fast mode and the clipped part doesn't bother me at all. If you want a super fast response, it must be short.

Both are very capable machines. Which is best is pretty subjective. I like the 8500 best but many very capable detectorists favor the 8000.

Tony, I have both. The 8500 has the ability to adjust the sound volume in every different notch category, not just iron volume. You can notch out or silence any category including dime and quarter. It has a fast mode and 3 others with different filters. These modes, to me, seem like they affect the all metal mode associated with it. The fast mode seems like is a quicker retune, etc. It offers another 4 tone mode which does not modulate the sound from shallow to deep. You can set an automatic offset in the ground balance. The threshold and sensitivity controls are independent of each other. You can press and hold the menu button to switch quickly from disc mode to all metal. Release and you are back to disc mode again. Also if the detector is not sure which notch category the target is in, it will give a black indicator above the most likely category and a gray indicator over the less likely ones. Some think the 8500 is deeper, I really can't tell. Oh, almost forgot, the 8500 has a backlight which I have never used.

Some people complain that the sound is "clipped" more in the 8500. The tone is definitely shorter in the fast mode and the clipped part doesn't bother me at all. If you want a super fast response, it must be short.

Both are very capable machines. Which is best is pretty subjective. I like the 8500 best but many very capable detectorists favor the 8000.
Thanks for the info, been researching these detectors. Thinking the 8500 might be the right fit. I love the modulated audio, and I am used to short spanning audio with CZ5 and CZ70 pro. 🇺🇸😃🇺🇸

I have been very happy with mine. Plus the coils that work on my Gold Bug also work on the 8500. There are many different coils that work very well for this detector. You can go from a 4 inch concentric to a 15 inch plus dd.