Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Techniques used to dig targets in 3 ft.+ water

kirk01

My wife and I have been hunting a freshwater beach with good success for about three months.
In the late fall this small body of water is partially drained, exposing old beach area man made in 1952.
Merc. dimes are common!

As you would expect this opens up all kinds of goodies for MD at the new shore line and in the very shallow water.
Bad news is in the spring they add the water back covering up the good area with three to four feet of water.

I am considering buying a AT PRO to get to this area.
I now use a X-70 and a X-705 which is only safe to use in water up to 20 inches max. with the waterproof coils.

My question is what techniques, tools etc. do you guys use to recover your targets in 3 to 4 ft. of water?

Any suggestions would be deeply appreciated!

Good Hunting

Denny

I water hunt all the time. You need a good scoop and a float to dump your scoop in. I will post pictures of my rig later this evening.

Joe in MD

Thanks for the info.
I like the float idea.

I look forward to you pictures.

Good hunting!

Denny

on your scoop,its gonna depend on the type on bottom your sccoping up, as i have a rtg sand scoop which works great in the beach sand down south but not very good in the local lakes around here,im going to get another scoop for the lakes around here,ive been looking at the sun spot stealth scoop,im thinking itll work out just great for around here,id check all around and see what others may say on here too..
hh
john

In the deeper water, you push the sand scoop into the sand with your foot with the intention of catching the target in the scoop. You then lift the scoop slightly and shake it until the sand has sifted out and hopefully the target is in the scoop. If not, scan the hole again and try it again. Once you get used to doing this, you get really good at scooping the target the first time. Call some of the dealers on this site to get some quotes on the sand scoops.