Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tejon 2nd disc issue

While using my Tejon I noticed notice that according to what #1 disc is set to tends to have an effect on the #2 disc. I was told at Tesoro that these are two separate circuits and should have no effect on each other. But this doesn't seem to be the case. Any suggestions?

Can't really help other than I have had 2 Tejon's and still have my second one. I have not noticed that disc 1 has any affect on disc 2. Maybe you could explain a little about what the effect is and it may ring a bell with somebody. I could set mine up and test it if I knew what to look for. For me to do that I would need to know your settings, your coil and target. The only way to check this is make sure we both are setup the same.

Ron in WV

Biloxi Dirt Detective said:
While using my Tejon I noticed notice that according to what #1 disc is set to tends to have an effect on the #2 disc. I was told at Tesoro that these are two separate circuits and should have no effect on each other. But this doesn't seem to be the case. Any suggestions?
Only thing I've heard or seen posted is the knock out points on one dial may differ from the other slightly.

When I move my primary disc it seems to offset the point of 2nd discrim. It is almost like the primary actually changes the response of secondary. Rusty told me that they are two separate circuits and while toggled one should remain off while one is dedicated. I can move both to nickel second disc will not respond the same.

I am not sure I am barking up the right tree here but maybe this will help.

I took both knobs off of the disc stem and adjusted one at a time to just knock out a nickel. Then without moving the shaft I would install the knob back on the shaft and lock them down with the pointer pointing at the center of 5c.

This is a home version of how to calibrate the both disc.

There is small set screw on the side of each knob that you loosen and remove the knobs.

If that doesn't help with your problem you may want to send it back to the factory for a check up and fix.

Ron in WV

This could be a possibility. I will make sure that the second disc is adjusted in the housing correct. Thanks!