Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tejon 5.75 widescan in heavy iron

Finally got to a 1730's home site with my Tejon. I have hunted this site religiously with my Minelab with many different coils. 5.75 widescan on the Tejon I did dig two shotgun shells and a brass rivet top, .32 rimfire casing that I missed as well. Other than these finds it was a brutal hunt. I dug more iron in 3 hours than I have dug in 3 years with my Minelab. I was lifting the coil up off the target to help clarify iron but it only worked a few times. On the fence about this machine in heavy Iron.

from my experience probably better off with a 5 pin Tesoro for iron. I run a test tejon in a iron ish type park and etrac , etrac kicked its but.

but as always results vary depending on everything !!

AJ

With practice I found my hot 5 pin 5.75 concentric coil works better for me in extremely ridiculous and heavily infested iron sites on my Vaquero.
Better than using my Compadre too.
Not at first but eventually and as I said it took practice and experience to learn how to target the high conductors and avoid most iron trash that mimics it.
At first I dug a lot of iron but eventually I noticed behavior and clues to help me cut this down tremendously which seemed to work pretty consistently.
My method was/is not foolproof and masking is a huge issue so I may well could have missed a ton by not digging everything but hunting a site with iron signals at literally almost every inch I moved the coil and several iron pieces in every hole I dug that also had a good target I just didn't have that kind of energy to do it.
I had to figure out a better way...for me.
I did get fooled sometimes and dig some iron at sites like these too even after getting pretty good at this but the percentage I avoided while still finding a healthy amount of actual high conductors satisfied me.
This is for me and my experience and kind of mindset only, your mileage may vary in your world using a Tejon.
I bet the 4" coil is even better at this in this kind of site.

Yup that's a tough one. When I had an etrac I ran ttf and never dug iron. But I always questioned how much was being masked by smaller iron like old square nails and such. I never really ran my tejon soo much, but I have hundreds of hours with a cibola and Vaquero and I felt like they did amazing picking out items like coins and buttons in small iron trashy spots. But yea both tesoros I had always dug large iron because they came thru and I like iron Relics.

I have just put my 4'' 5 pin coil back on my Laser B3 this makes it as light as a feather,superb detector on really trashy roman sites,and when the crops come off can get in between the stubble much better as well,still looking for a small coil for my Trident Extreme for harvest time as well and the occasional river crossing detecting as well.

Only down side of using the 4'' coil you dont get the depth and ground coverage,but its always wise too have a small coil in ones detecting arsenal.

Hey Hanover ,I used live in Richmond area we may have met ,used to hang out at Wayne's detector shop .I got the 53/4 for my vaquero did very well in old home site ,found first coin at site after pounding it with explorer with Joey and vaq. with 11by 8

A lot of iron has a sharp tone and non iron a smooth tone. Usually the edge of the coil will tell you it's iron. I like the Tejon for digging iron relics so if it isn't overwhelming I dig all the iron.

I'm trying to get my t2se setup so it will hit on iron like the Tejon.

Rick

The Tejon can like iron, but more I used my Tejon, the better I got. I to had an extra for a while and beside the price, always wondered what I was missing. I have found some nice stuff with my Tejon with a lot less fatigue.