Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tejon duel discriminator question

Squirmingcoil77

How exactly does the duel discrimination function work? In what situation would they be used? I've never used a non-metered machine before or used discrim, knobs, so any information regarding the duel discrim would be most helpful. Thanks!

I like to set my primary disc on the low side, pending where and what I am hunting. I will then set my second disc a little higher pending where I am hunting which helps to determine what the item is. It takes playing around a little, but I find it helps with the iron while relic hunting and if coin hunting I will play with the second disc a little to determine what it might be when I get tired of digging pull tabs, LOL. There are other things you can do as well, those are the two primary ways I use them.

Relic, I tend to puth the primary where the tone starts to break up indicating a nail and secondary, I set just above the foil range and may move if neccessary.
Coin, I set the primary above iron and sometimes above foil if there is to much foil around, but gold can be found in that range so I keep as low as possible. The second disc I usually put just below nickle and move it accordingly.

I have hunted with some serious relic hunters that use the Tejon and they set their relic disc's the same as I do. It's really all personal preference.

I hoped this helped.
John

I think John got most of it covered, but I will add a little more.

Most of the time I don't use the second disc, I just run the primary above iron and dig.

I think this is just one of those things that you need to set down say this is what you want to do and play with the controls and see if you can come up with a domination that works best for you.

Here is one just as example, if somebody lost a ring and you wanted to try and find it for them. Lets say they had another ring that was close to the one lost, you could make a small notch with the 2 controls and pretty much just look for that ring.

It is a thinking disc.

Ron in WV

I've never used a detector with dual disc, but if I had one, I'd set the first disc. between iron and foil, the second above tabs, can slaw etc. possibly even above zinc penneys. The when a target sounds off you know it's above iron, set the second disc. and if you still get a response you know it's in the silver, dime, quarter, 1/2 or dollar range - at least it's a target with similar response to those items. Very similar to thumbing the disc knob, just quicker and a bit more convenient.
BB

That is OK Barber Bill if you are not looking for nickles, gold, buttons, etc. But it would give you an idea of the range for sure. Kind of like the low, mid and high tones some detectors offer.

If you are coin shooting, Barber Bill's set up suggestion is pretty close to what I use to go after coins. You know those foil, pull off drink lids that are about 1.5 inches in diameter? Set the first disc to just knock those out. Nickles come in just fine on the first discriminator. Set the second to click or be scratchy on a modern soda can pull tab.

If the signal is solid on the first discriminator and goes silent on the second discriminator, you have a high confidence that you are at nickle range. If signal is solid on the second discriminator, you are looking at zinc cent and up.

When I'm just ranging things and digging most all but iron, the first discriminator is set to just knock out a small nail. Second disc either doesn't get used or is set for the tab crackle. Then I know if the target is at nickle and below or at the tab and above.

It is a way to fairly quickly put targets into ranges; without thumbing the discriminator for each target.
Cheers,
tvr

MXTerer said:

Nice post, I guess somebody knows what you are talking about.

Ron in WV