Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tejon high gain question

I have read that the tejon will not perform very well in highly mineralized ground due to its very high gain. If this is true could it be opened up and adjust the gain down a little to get better performance in the bad ground? Does anyone know?

I am sure there is someone that is better qualified to answer your question, and I may be incorrect, but I thought the Tejons strengths was being able to perform admirably in highly mineralized ground, using the ground adjust? I also thought of gain as similar in operation to sensitivity which is adjustable?

As Scanman said, the sensitivity and threshold are both adjustable. The Tejon shines when it comes to very mineralized conditions. Simply lower the sensitivity and edge back on the threshold to get a more stable output of the EMF (electromagnetic field).

Sensitivity and threshold are a bit different than gain, but the sensitivity would probably help control it in bad ground. The Widescan coils are supposed to really help the Tejon in highly mineralized ground, with this coil the minerals has something like 30% less effect on the coil/detector (I think it was 30%)

Mark

MarkCZ said:
Sensitivity and threshold are a bit different than gain, but the sensitivity would probably help control it in bad ground. The Widescan coils are supposed to really help the Tejon in highly mineralized ground, with this coil the minerals has something like 30% less effect on the coil/detector (I think it was 30%)

Mark

Well, after more researching and help from my brother he turned this up, which goes along with this post perfect!
Some detectors I've had actually had a gain control, but Tesoro looks to have rolled this up somewhat into the sensitivity control like "Scanman" stated. I'm still looking into if or how the threshold control may help in bad soil conditions. I know on certain Tesoro models the threshold and the Sensitivity can be used together to super tune the detector so I could see how on those the threshold might help lower the gain, but right now I'm thinking the Tejon can't be super-tuned and in that case the threshold may have little effect on the overall gain of the Tejon.

Copy&Paste said:
The SENSITIVITY knob is used to raise or lower the power to the
operational amplifiers, which changes the gain. Gain is a measurement of
how much a signal is amplified. The higher the gain the more depth and
sensitivity to small objects a detector has. Unfortunately, any small interference
that is amplified can cause the detector to become erratic. The
SENSITIVITY control is used to find the best gain setting in any location
without letting the detector become unstable.

So, between the multiple controls and the availability of optional coils like the Widescan's the Tejon should handle difficult soils pretty well.

Mark