Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tejon

cdsmith46

Getting older, weight of machine an issue, so I'm trading in my Minelab Explorer sepro for a Tejon. I'm an old relic hound, but doing more coins lately because there are few places left to relic hunt. Any suggestions from you Tejon owners out there?

The Elder in Cajunistan (South Louisiana)

I'm wondering if the Outlaw might be a better choice for you given your changing focus to coins.

The lower frequency would to make the Outlaw better suited for copper and silver coins than the Tejon, and all indications are that the Outlaw gets excellent depth.

Anyone else want to chime in?

I first though Vaquero, because I don't have the Outlaw in my automatic thought processes yet as it is so new, but from what I hear it would be a great choice for a dual purpose coin shooter/relic machine.

I personally use a two machine combo a Vaquero and a Golden uMax and have been happy with this mix.

Yes, the Outlaw does get good depth. With the 8 inch coil, it's super light and can be swung all day long without any discomfort.

tabman

My Tejon was hitting all the 8" coins in my brothers test garden. The Tejon is a good all around machine for me.

Ron in WV

I have been with the Tejon for 7 years. Sold my Lobo ST for something lighter. The Tejon has more features than the "V" that's good for me. My hunting is old stuff.
Ghost towns, old trails, construction sites and a coin or two. I use the stock coil but mostly use 5.75 conn. coil. I've got a CZ 7A I use once in while, then back to the Taejon.
That's what works for me.
Willard in Spokane

Since I am trying to dump the weight of the Minelab, (3.7 pounds plus battery) the Tejon is not dramatically lighter. BUT, I am taken by the Vaquero, 2.2 lbs with GB. What about that, troops? I have a friend who adores his Cibola, but it lacks GB; with the Vaquero, I think that I kind of have the best of all worlds. Make sense?

Go for the Outlaw, if you don't like it sell it to me...LOL
From everything I have read and gleaned from the videos, it seems to be a GOOD CHOICE for those who want an all around detector.
The three coils are a nice option covering a wide range of hunting applications.

Call Tesoro and ask questions about the Tejon. I own a Tejon but just like anyone else I am jaded and subjective. For an objective opinion of the whole line of detectors it is best IMO to call the folks who make them. They claim the Tejon is their top of the line machine with the greatest depth.

I have both. I have found silver with both, they are excellent on coins! I use the 5.75 wide scan on the Tejon for coins in trashy areas and it really shines! When relic hunting I use the standard coil for its exceptional depth. The outlaw with its large widescan coil is pretty close to the Tejon as far as depth goes. You cant go wrong with either of these two!