Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tek Omega with the 11" DD at the beach...

Mark in NC

I decided to take the trusty Omega with me on vacation to the coast...glad I did! I had a chance to experience something I've not seen very often...a single frequency detector that WORKS in the wet sand! Yep...and worked great!. Now, it's not quite multiple frequency depth, but some buried coins right at the surf line could be heard to around 9 or 10 inches...(even better in the damp and dry sand!). The coolest thing to me was how quietly the Omega handled the wet stuff...no more noise than I hear with multiple frequency machines... now, mileage may vary from beach to beach...this was at Carolina Beach in North Carolina. (ignore the sunburned foot in the hole photo!) :)

What are you comparing it to (multi-freq) - Excal?
In the market for a unit I can use on land AND wet sand beach..
We all know I cannot use the Excal for land...

A Sovereign, Explorer XS and 2, DFX and CZ3D at the beach in the wet stuff...not an Excalibur though. Most of these seem to be a bit deeper in the wet stuff, but I expect them to be. What was cool is that I've tried to use a TON of single frequency detectors in the wet, salty sand...but most had either saturated audio or falsed like mad. I had a Stingray 2 that performed well (single frequency) but didn't have great depth in the salty stuff. I honestly expected the Omega to do "okay"...but it surprised me by doing quite well. A multiple frequency machine will likely do better, but the Omega also has the advantage of finding small gold up in the dry sand.

When hunting the wet stuff with the Omega: Manually ground balance. The cool "horizon" balance graphic makes it easy to get it perfect as you pump the coil.

My point with this post is that if someone does a lot of inland hunting and can't really afford to have a special multi-frequency detector for salt sand hunting, the Omega can do a very respectable job at being truly "Multi-purpose".

HH'n

and found some Relics! I believe I can attribute this to the DD and the circuitry's ability to handle bad ground with amazing ease!!

Thanks

For the report

Keith Southern

Great to hear that these two problem scenarios evidently aren't a problem at all. :)

FE0304 graph reading and ground number.
Thanks,
Mike