Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics 8500B push button problem

I recently got a 8500B hip mount. It seems to be working great except for the button. It is very iffy. I mean I have to push it several times to make it work. I have taken the handle apart and checked the connections and they are fine. Is there a way to fix the push button or does it need replaced? Where would you get one of these buttons? Could it be replaced with a toggle like the trigger switches used on other machines? I know nothing much about electronics. That's why all the questions. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Push button switches as well as toggle switches a limited lifespan of pressing and releasing. The contacts inside the switch are probably not make good full contact every time.

The switch you are using should have a brand name on it plus a part number, google them, you should find a replacement.
You can also post on the Compass Forum as many of the guys there own an older Teknetics such as yours.

And yes you can use a toggle switch as well.

Thank you Sven. This is great information. There are numbers on the switch. I will try your suggestions. Thanks again. Will