Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Teknetics 9000 CoinComputer

richbat

Was at a local flea market this morning and picked up an older but very nice looking Teknetics 9000.Could anyone tell me about this machine,pros and cons and where i might find a manual on it.The machine tested properly and works like it should but just would like to here from folks familiar with it.Thanks,Rich

You can find the manual for an 8500/B online, the only difference in the 8500 and the 9000 is the display, 8500 is analog while the 9000 is LCD. (I may even have the downloaded version, I would have to dig around to see??)

The 9000 and the 8500 were top of the line machines in their day, actually a few years ahead of their time.

They are four filter fast sweep machines,
They ID better than most modern detectors, plus they ID as deep as they detect.
They are heavy,
The hip mounted versions was the more desired.
The 9000 suffered LCD display problems in that they would lose their detail (bleed) they're is NO replacements displays for these in the world other than used.
All the Teknetics models of that era are known to have battery contact problems.

The new Teknetics company isn't really related to the older Teknetics company other than the rights to the name. So the current Teknetics offers NO support for the older units.

For service, it would be Keith Wills at brokendetectors.com When the old company went under Keith bought ALL the remaining Teknetics factory assembly line stock. So, some parts are still available (the LCD displays have been gone for years)
The most common problem was the battery contact clips, at last check Keith still had those and they are supposed to be a little better made clip (battery contact)

Many times coils and parts units come across fleabay.

Mark

Oh, by the way I have owned a,
9000/B
8500/B and a
Mark 1

I also have found the downloaded 8500 manual in my computer. The controls and functions are the same as the 9000.
Right now the manual is in an "Open Office" format, I can save it as a microsoft .doc file if that would work for you.
I'm also pretty sure I forwarded myself the original email to my Gmail account for safe keeping.

Mark

Thanks Mark.I guess i can't complain i got the machine for $10 at the local flea market.Everything seems to be working as it should.The battery contacts look good also_Only thing i really don't care for is how the coil cable connects to the machine but then again it is an older machine.Rich

richbat said:
Thanks Mark.I guess i can't complain i got the machine for $10 at the local flea market.Everything seems to be working as it should.The battery contacts look good also_Only thing i really don't care for is how the coil cable connects to the machine but then again it is an older machine.Rich
I've NEVER had one of those twist-loc connectors to go bad. They work really well! (even after 30 years plus of use)
Is the one you got a Hip mount or a shaft mount?

Mark

richbat said:
Mark.Shaft mount.
If your still looking for a manual I did find the downloaded one I have?
I also have a AC power pack for the on-board battery charging system if you want it or need it?

Mark

Hi Rich,

Would you consider selling your Teknetics 9000? Is there any problem with the LCD display?
Contact me at ross.m.martin@usa.com -- Thanks!